Audiology Programs that do not require GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guitarman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone here know of any schools that don't require the GRE or are not as stringent about their scores? I have a great GPA and great application materials, but I suck at the GRE.

Thanks !

Kris

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Does anyone here know of any schools that don't require the GRE or are not as stringent about their scores? I have a great GPA and great application materials, but I suck at the GRE.

Thanks !

Kris

I'm not sure where you're located, but the only school I've really looked into on the west coast that doesn't put too much stock in the GRE (but still requires that you take it) is A.T. Still University in Mesa, AZ. ATSU also focuses more on the clinical aspect of AUD, so if you're wanting a research heavy program, you'll probably have to go somewhere that the GRE really counts.

Pacific University in Oregon (recently accredited) does not require the GRE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Thanks !

Kris

Pacific University and Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln

Pacific University and Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln

Last time I called University of Nebraska-Lincoln, they stated that they did not have Au.D Program.. Does anyone have detailed information regarding Univ. of Nebraska- Lincoln?

Thank you

Last time I called University of Nebraska-Lincoln, they stated that they did not have Au.D Program.. Does anyone have detailed information regarding Univ. of Nebraska- Lincoln?

Thank you

You sure you called the right place/dept?

http://cehs.unl.edu/barkley/audiology/audcurr.shtml

Check out the link. Last year when i was interested in applying, I contacted Jill England and she responds quickly too.

Thank you

I'm not sure how long ago you've heard that, but UNL has a pretty good AuD program. I've been in contact with some people there and it seemed really great! I also thought they did require the GRE.

Thank you

Well if you google "Audiology" and their school name, it does say they have one and all their requirements as well.

Thanks so much for all your responses everyone. I really really appreciate it ! Keep em coming if there's anyone else that has something to share.

I am in the same boat as you. I have a high GPA but low GRE scores. I was just accepted to Salus University right outside Philadelphia, PA. During my interview I asked if my GRE scores would be a problem and they agreed that the GRE's do no test knowledge relevant to audiology and the admissions committee just wants to see you took the test. Good luck!

I am in the same boat as you. I have a high GPA but low GRE scores. I was just accepted to Salus University right outside Philadelphia, PA. During my interview I asked if my GRE scores would be a problem and they agreed that the GRE's do no test knowledge relevant to audiology and the admissions committee just wants to see you took the test. Good luck!

AuD student ! Thanks so much for getting back to me. Please check your private messages when you have a sec.

Ah. okay nevermind! i just checked and yes they do require a GRE at UNL. They must've changed it because last year when i applied they did not require a GRE.

Pacific University will be the only one that does not require it!