Audition rotation after interview deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroIsCool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to do an audition rotation at a hospital, but the only availability remaining is during the month of December. However, they only interview from October through November. Will I be more likely to get an interview if I schedule the rotation? Should I ask them about doing an interview during the rotation even though it's after their interview season?

Members don't see this ad.

You could always schedule it, and if you don't get an interview just cancel the away

What's the latest someone should do an away rotation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Theoretically, you could make an impact anytime before ranks are due

So if someone were to do 3 AIs July - September and aways October and November would this work? (I'm undecided on what I'm actually pursuing).

I'm hoping to do an audition rotation at a hospital, but the only availability remaining is during the month of December. However, they only interview from October through November. Will I be more likely to get an interview if I schedule the rotation? Should I ask them about doing an interview during the rotation even though it's after their interview season?

I would apply and if you don't receive an invite by late September send the PD a note or call the coordinator and express your interest in the program and tell them you are rotating in December, they will most likely give you an interview.

November is prime interview time. I did an away during November, but it gave me a bit of a headache having to plan interviews

So if someone were to do 3 AIs July - September and aways October and November would this work? (I'm undecided on what I'm actually pursuing).

5 rotations in your specialty is too many. Do one sub-I plus two aways if you really want.