Average DAT & Average GPA Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm applying with a 3.36 overall and 3.49 BCP ( bad freshman year) . Dat is 18AA 19TS 23pat
Applied to 18 schools

Second invite!!!!! UK and ASDOH.

Members don't see this ad.

I have interviews at GRU and MUSC. 19AA 18TS 22PAT 22RC

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted everything at the beginning of August, applied to 12 schools. Hope well all get in! I was an Econ major and have been out of school for 4 years.

Last edited:
I submitted everything at the beginning of August, applied to 12 schools. 19AA, 18TS, 17P... 3.4 BCP, 3.7o fingers crossed! Hope well all get in! I was an Econ major and have been out of school for 4 years, so I'm also anxiously waiting. Got a bunch of emails to send supplemental fees/applications, but nothing serous yet.

good luck to you!

Got my first invite today at Indiana U! 19 AA, 19TS, 18 PAT, 3.13 o, 3.2 science, 3.71 masters.

Congratz! Are you in-state? And when did you complete the app(both AADSAS and secondary)?

Congratz! Are you in-state? And when did you complete the app(both AADSAS and secondary)?

Thank you. I'm OOS my AADSAS was sent out on 6/28 (first batch). I got a receipt that the school got my payment on 7/16. I didn't get anything else till an e-mail yesterday about the interview offer.

Thank you. I'm OOS my AADSAS was sent out on 6/28 (first batch). I got a receipt that the school got my payment on 7/16. I didn't get anything else till an e-mail yesterday about the interview offer.

Yay!! Congrats!

sGPA 3.3
non-s GPA 3.44
BCP: 3.53
Total: 3.34

AA: 19
TS: 20
RC: 18
PAT: 19
Applying to 17 schools.
And I'm applying from Canada to American schools... I really hope to get an interview soon .

Keep hope alive!

I received my first interview invite today from NYU!

sGPA- 3.15
oGPA- 3.21
20AA/21TS/19PAT/19RC

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT is always more important. Plus, you probably went to a tough school?

It makes sense the DAT has more weight considering it's unbiased standardized representation.

But yeah I was enrolled in a tough program at my state school, however it was actually my sub par performance during the first two years at community college which brought down my overall and science GPAs.

It makes sense the DAT has more weight considering it's unbiased standardized representation.

But yeah I was enrolled in a tough program at my state school, however it was actually my sub par performance during the first two years at community college which brought down my overall and science GPAs.

Rutgers?

haha yup that one

Bro. we are twins.

I went to cc for two years, got a 4.0 and continued at rutgers new brunswick. in bio degree still with 4.0 with one more sem left

I only got a 19aa/ts

what do you make of this? hahah

Did you do your prereqs at cc ? I applied to nyu and so far NOTHING! :laugh:

Bro. we are twins.

I went to cc for two years, got a 4.0 and continued at rutgers new brunswick. in bio degree still with 4.0 with one more sem left

I only got a 19aa/ts

what do you make of this? hahah

Ahhh, nice! A fellow Rutgers pre-dent... I think we are a rare breed lol, as I have yet to meet one.

Dayummm dude 4.0! That's very respectable and would imagine your email is coming within a few days. We definitely did it the right way though, going to CC, and in my case graduating undergrad with zero loans... Makes signing my life away to the banks for dental school easier to stomach.

And to answer your other question, I did all my pre-reqs but physics at CC. What about you?

Ahhh, nice! A fellow Rutgers pre-dent... I think we are a rare breed lol, as I have yet to meet one.

Dayummm dude 4.0! That's very respectable and would imagine your email is coming within a few days. We definitely did it the right way though, going to CC, and in my case graduating undergrad with zero loans... Makes signing my life away to the banks for dental school easier to stomach.

And to answer your other question, I did all my pre-reqs but physics at CC. What about you?

Awesome! haha. yeah I know. I was offered a scholarship by my cc to Rutgers and I am about to graduate with NO loans. And yeah, I did ALL of my prereqs at cc except for biochem and microbio. I was worried that NYU dont like that but I guess you proved me wrong!!

good to know you got the invite!

Awesome! haha. yeah I know. I was offered a scholarship by my cc to Rutgers and I am about to graduate with NO loans. And yeah, I did ALL of my prereqs at cc except for biochem and microbio. I was worried that NYU dont like that but I guess you proved me wrong!!

good to know you got the invite!

Is that from the NJ stars program? I wish I knew about that when I was in high school!

And oops, I also did microbio and two semesters of biochem at Rutgers.

Thanks and GL!

Is that from the NJ stars program? I wish I knew about that when I was in high school!

And oops, I also did microbio and two semesters of biochem at Rutgers.

Thanks and GL!

No it was from Phi theta kappa!:)

This is driving me insane!! Any books to read recommended, prefer fiction haha takes my mind off this!!

1st Invite today!-LECOM

oGPA 3.31
sGPA 3.2

19AA
19TS
19PAT
18GC
18OC
22BIO
21RC
17QR

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, and this is my first time posting. I am conflicted with what to do regarding my DAT and I hope someone will be able to help me out.

I sent in my application July 3rd to AADSAS, so hopefully that's the first batch. I have 2 DAT scores, Scores were:

Canadian DAT February 2012:
Read Comp - 21
AA - 20
PAT - 23
Carving - 21

American DAT September 2012:
AA - 19
PAT - 23
Read Comp - 15
Bio - 20
Chem - 21
Ochem - 17
Quant - 21

My problem is that my most recent DAT is significantly lower compared to one just a few months ago, but some schools only look at the most recent. The schools I'm most interested it, BU UofPenn, Ostrow, and Detroit, have all said they would look at both, but it's better if my trend of DAT scores is going up. I can write the Canadian DAT again in November, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to write again. Would it help me much? Or should I just leave it?

GPA cumulative 3.44
GPA Science 3.41

I think you should be fine with the scores you have unless you are sure you can improve them. You run the risk of a repeating cycle with scores lower here and higher there. You have a great PA for both attempts and you have proved your AA to be competitive for both attempts. But in the end, you know what's best for yourself.

A 3.5 GPA + or - .2 is average depending on the school. Average DAT is about an 18 + or - 1 depending on the school.

3rd interview invite 19AA 3.1o, 3.23science 3.69 masters

ottom line is don't give up and think you need to get a super high score to even be considered. I know what made me stand out was the fact that I did so much more than just school, but still did well in my classes. I personally have never been a good standardized test taker.

Keep hope alive!

I received my first interview invite today from NYU!

sGPA- 3.15
oGPA- 3.21
20AA/21TS/19PAT/19RC

Nice dude, congrats! May I ask when did you send ur application in? Did you receive any notice from them? I am anxiously waiting for NYU too :)) Strange enough, we have the same stats :))

oGPA - 3.25
sGPA - 3.10

21AA/21TS/20PAT/22RC

120+ hrs shadowing an endodontist, 600+ hours working at a dental clinic. Undergrad research and currently working in biotech field. Good EC's

Applied to 14 schools,hoping for a freaking miracle. :laugh:

Chance me?

oGPA - 3.25
sGPA - 3.10

21AA/21TS/20PAT/22RC

120+ hrs shadowing an endodontist, 600+ hours working at a dental clinic. Undergrad research and currently working in biotech field. Good EC's

Applied to 14 schools,hoping for a freaking miracle. :laugh:

Chance me?

With your dat, you are fine. I applied to 5 schools with an oGPA 3.35 and sGPA of 3.2 with a dat of 22 AA.

2 interviews so far out of 5 schools that I applied to.

I got 20PAT,18AA,17 TS, and 3.25 science gpa. I applied to thirteen schools any thoughts?

Sitting here with a 3.17 sgpa, 3.28 ogpa
DAT TS:19 AA:20 PAT:23
but a 17 in my bio section =/

really really really trying to figure out whether i just retake the dat and study harder for the bio section or to go ahead and do a masters

4th interview here! My stats SUCK according to the typical SDN standard. My best advice is do something to help the under served!

I'm applying with a 3.36 overall and 3.49 BCP ( bad freshman year) . Dat is 18AA 19TS 23pat nothing below 17
Applied to 18 schools

@ Coffeeisamust: what schools did you apply to?