Average-low gpa school options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sswass

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some schools I should look at for safety, realistic, and reach schools. I would ideally like to stay in CA but I'd take the best I can get into.
I am applying in June for fall 2015 (I'm taking a year off for rolling enrollment).

School: UCI
OVRL: 3.28
SCI: 3.01
PCAT: not yet taken (for reach schools, what PCAT score will I need to get in?)
EXP: medical mission, 9 months associate at a pharmacy, 3 years administrative assistant at a medical office,3 month intern at optometry, 15 units of research, and a leadership position
Other: I've averaged a 3.7 in both science and overall GPA in my last year at UCI but most of it was from research.

(Here are some of the schools I've looked at: Creighton, Colorado, Maryland, Midwestern, Massachusetts, Virginia Commonwealth, WSU, Pacific, Loma Linda, Touro, Western, Northstate...the list goes on.)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
were on the same boat :) im taking the pcat in September.

Apply to UHouston :}

Cost of living in Houston is relatively cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to UHouston :}

Cost of living in Houston is relatively cheap.

Thanks for the suggestion! It seems though that UH accepts only a small number of out of state applicants.

Cool I went to UCI too and applied for fall 2014. That gpa is alright I think you can definitely get into Midwestern, Creighton, and Northstate at least. I think Colorado and Virginia Common Wealth maybe harder to get into. Goodluck