Average step- when to take step 2 ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

007herbert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My step 1 score was around 220 and I'm aiming to update my applications with an improved step 2 score.

I was planning to study and take Step 2 CK in October but would that be too late? Should I cram and try to take it late September? More than anything, I want to make sure I study enough and do well.

I figured I would get at least a handful of interviews with my step 1 score (I'm applying broadly to community programs) and I think radiology interviews are in January?

Advice anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

October is too late to help IMHO. Interviews start in Nov. This year with early release of MSPE they might even start as early as October, at least that's what our dean has told us.

October is too late to help IMHO. Interviews start in Nov. This year with early release of MSPE they might even start as early as October, at least that's what our dean has told us.

we heard the same thing.

i was planning on taking my step 2 in oct but was told that it would be too late to help as well. i think you want to get your scores back in mid- October or so so you have a chance to update the program earlier on.