Babies in pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mustlovedogs24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
To all the parents of young babies and toddlers, please tell me how you are managing pharm school. My daughter is due in March and I have to two school options right now, a three year school which starts in June and a four year that starts in August. Regardless, I plan on continuing on to school this year, but I would like to know how difficult I should expect this to be.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not that difficult if you have a support system in place. Don't expect to bring your kids to school. I would go with the 4-year program so you don't get burnt out.

There is a girl with 5 kids in my class. I personally have a few kids myself. You need a supportive spouse or have your parents watch the kiddo while you are in school. Good luck!

Thank you that really comforts me to know that this is super do-able!! Would you say that you are just as advantaged as your classmates? Or is it all about routine when trying to balance school and family?

Members don't see this ad :)
The parents in my class were less free for extracurricular activities. My impression as a non-parent is that most were able to spend more time with family than if they had been working. And, they all did fine in classes. A few who found it hard to study at home would book child care to allow study time.