Bachelors degree from CSU LA VS Cal Poly Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zinedine16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would the student who got Bachelor's degree in Biology from Cal Poly Pomona have better chance of getting into dental school compare to the one that got Bachelor's degree in Biology from CSULA???
Does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Take it from someone at a CSU currently, the name of the undergrad you went to means nothing, your GPA matters.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told by a school rep otherwise from one of the dental conventions (not going to name the rep or the school) that CSU grades are frowned upon. He said something along the lines of 2.9 UC is equivalent to 3.4 CSU. In my mind I was like "lol hell no this guy is a clown". Coming from CSU LA, I applied and got into 3 schools. Oh and I applied really late around November! So there you have it, some schools look at it that way, some don't. Not sure about CSU vs CSU though.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Go to the easiest undergrad you can. If there's grade inflation, even better. Dental schools don't care.

Maybe UCLA vs cal poly Pomona...

But Pomona and csula is pretty much on the same tier even amongst the CSU. Maybe if you go with Pomona they would think it's cal poly SLO

I was told by a school rep otherwise from one of the dental conventions (not going to name the rep or the school) that CSU grades are frowned upon. He said something along the lines of 2.9 UC is equivalent to 3.4 CSU. In my mind I was like "lol hell no this guy is a clown". Coming from CSU LA, I applied and got into 3 schools. Oh and I applied really late around November! So there you have it, some schools look at it that way, some don't. Not sure about CSU vs CSU though.

You should have told him that he is a clown

Reactions: 1 user

Nice to hear that from Golden Eagle :)
If it is not too much trouble, could you give me any tips on what I should do once I start school at CSULA(e.g. which club to join, is there any science research opportunities I should apply for etc.) ? I am really worried.

Thanks

Nice to hear that from Golden Eagle :)
If it is not too much trouble, could you give me any tips on what I should do once I start school at CSULA(e.g. which club to join, is there any science research opportunities I should apply for etc.) ? I am really worried.

Thanks

PM me because it won't let me PM you.