Background Check Regarding Pharmacist License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDmee2

Reaction score
Hi,

I have two California Pharmacist Numbers. My previous one had issues/ disciplinary actions against it where it has been cancelled a few years ago. However, I was given another chance and had to retake both pharmacy board exams in order for me to get a new clear unrestricted license with a different number.

My question is, will both license numbers show up on a background check? I want to be as honest and transparent, however with this saturated job market, my previous situation doesn't help my search. Again, technically, I have an unrestricted new license.

I recently started a job search and I'm not too sure how to approach my situation. I have been advised by two different pharmacist with differing views. One says if I get an interview to say I changed careers, but another says I need to just explain my situation because both licenses will show up during a background check.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't go with the "changed careers" line, that's bad advice. You're going to have to explain the situation - best of luck with it and glad to hear the new license is unrestricted. Hope it goes well.

Reactions: 1 user
If you search the California pharmacist license lookup for your name, do both licenses show up? If so, I would assume that people will be able to see what happened.

How much this will affect you will probably depend on why your previous license was revoked.

Members don't see this ad :)
personally I want to hear @Sparda29 give his input on this one -

Reactions: 2 users
They're gonna know if he's lying. I'm not familiar with how deep these background checks go though.
I was expecting a more creative approach that you always have - lol

Reactions: 1 user