Backpain Reference Overview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aether2000

algosdoc
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an effort to provide patients with information about pain, we are in the process of creating a site that contains a series of monographs on each pain source throughout the body. For back pain, there is an overview that might be used as a reference to remind us and patients that not everything back pain is due to just a few causes.
http://painbytes.com/diagnosis/back-pain-overviews/814-low-back-pain-localization-and-diagnosis

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
As an effort to provide patients with information about pain, we are in the process of creating a site that contains a series of monographs on each pain source throughout the body. For back pain, there is an overview that might be used as a reference to remind us and patients that not everything back pain is due to just a few causes.
http://painbytes.com/diagnosis/back-pain-overviews/814-low-back-pain-localization-and-diagnosis

this is for PATIENTS?

just like i tend to do in regard to politics, i think you may overestimate the intelligence of the proletariat.....

This is an outline of what will be covered in the monographs being created. It is part of a much larger plan- to be able to input data from pain questions then using that data to generate a list of the most likely differential diagnoses. Each of these are then covered in the monographs to help narrow down the diagnosis. Each monograph will have a pain map of the most likely location of pain from a specific diagnosis with variants. Too often we in pain medicine fall back on statistical likelihood of a particular collection of symptoms and signs being automatically assigned to diagnosis X, then after the injections fail to confirm diagnosis X, the patient is told that there is nothing more to be done diagnostically. There are lots of zebras out there....not everything are horses....so....I am also making this available to physicians as the project moves forward..

This is an outline of what will be covered in the monographs being created. It is part of a much larger plan- to be able to input data from pain questions then using that data to generate a list of the most likely differential diagnoses. Each of these are then covered in the monographs to help narrow down the diagnosis. Each monograph will have a pain map of the most likely location of pain from a specific diagnosis with variants. Too often we in pain medicine fall back on statistical likelihood of a particular collection of symptoms and signs being automatically assigned to diagnosis X, then after the injections fail to confirm diagnosis X, the patient is told that there is nothing more to be done diagnostically. There are lots of zebras out there....not everything are horses....so....I am also making this available to physicians as the project moves forward..

Another fantastic resource from you Algos, thank you!

Reactions: 1 user