Barry University Master's of Biomedical Sciences- Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoosaDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone have any questions regarding the BMS program at Barry University?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! I applied to the program for the Spring and am anxiously waiting to hear a decision. What were your stats when you applied? How rigorous was the program? Was it manageable?

What was your GPA in the MS program? I noticed you got a Maryland interview - congrats!

That's awesome, I hope to see you around campus this in January. When I applied to the Barry I had a 3.1 undgraduate GPA and around a 2.6 science GPA. The rigor...it depends on which track you're in. The 2 year program is very managable (that's the track that I am doing) and it has allowed me to THOROUGHLY understand the material and so it can be a stepping stone for dental school. and thanks so much! Currently, I have a 4.0 in the Master's program. The classes go into GREAT detail and will definitly prepare you for dental school!
Talking to my friends in the program the 18- month is manageable to if you have have a decent sceince background.
I was not a science major in undergrad so I didn't want to rush into a track that would compromise my GPA.
The one-year track you will not have that much spare time to breathe haha, but I suggest this program for those who have an extensive science background and are use to handling 3-4 sciecnes classes a semester!
So really it depends on your background adn what you're comfortable with taking on!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome, I hope to see you around campus this in January. When I applied to the Barry I had a 3.1 undgraduate GPA and around a 2.6 science GPA. The rigor...it depends on which track you're in. The 2 year program is very managable (that's the track that I am doing) and it has allowed me to THOROUGHLY understand the material and so it can be a stepping stone for dental school. and thanks so much! Currently, I have a 4.0 in the Master's program. The classes go into GREAT detail and will definitly prepare you for dental school!
Talking to my friends in the program the 18- month is manageable to if you have have a decent sceince background.
I was not a science major in undergrad so I didn't want to rush into a track that would compromise my GPA.
The one-year track you will not have that much spare time to breathe haha, but I suggest this program for those who have an extensive science background and are use to handling 3-4 sciecnes classes a semester!
So really it depends on your background adn what you're comfortable with taking on!

How many classes do you take per semester when in the 2 year track?

How many classes do you take per semester when in the 2 year track?
It varies, it will either be 2 or 3 ~ for me this is how my transcript will look:
Fall 2014:
Gross Anatomy
Medical Microbiology
Spring 2015:
Human Physiology
Pharmacology
Fall 2015:
Biochemistry I
Cell Biology and Histology
Spring 2016:
Biochemistry II
Oral Pathology
Health Law and Ethics

Usually, they suggest throwing in Health Law and Ethics any time after your first semester!
:

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone subitted their application to begin January 2016?

Has anyone subitted their application to begin January 2016?
I got in! I am stoked. I have been accepted for the 2 year track, starting in January 2016.
Where would you recommend living? What courses would you recommend for my first semester?

For anyone wondering, I submitted my application at the end of August and I got accepted today.

I got in! I am stoked. I have been accepted for the 2 year track, starting in January 2016.
Where would you recommend living? What courses would you recommend for my first semester?

For anyone wondering, I submitted my application at the end of August and I got accepted today.

OMG Congrats!!! Thank is a HUGE stepping stone in getting into dental school =). I definitely suggest taking Gross Anatomy and an elective in the fall (i'm not sure which ones are being offered in the fall at the moment) ...possibly pathology or ethics!

For convenince I would definitely try to say live as close to the school as possible haha.So the graduate campus is located in Hollywood, FL. A few students live in apartment complexes walking distance to the school such as Radius or Hollywood station. Or a 5 minute drive such as Park Colony, Windosor, Pinehurst Club (all located on S. Park Rd.)!

Do you all know others applying to the program?
Also, would anyone like to know how the city of hollywood is? or have any other questions about the program?

The number of students that were admitted into dental/medical school on December 1, 2015 was pretty impressive! If you are on the fence as to if you should do a SMP, which one to select or any additional questions let me know!

Welcome to all of the new students at Barry University. I am sure that you all have started off strong this first week, let me know if you have any questions!

Welcome to all of the new students at Barry University. I am sure that you all have started off strong this first week, let me know if you have any questions!

Hi! I have a question.
I'm starting summer '16, was told I'll be taking Biochemistry I and Physiology. What are the class schedules/days/timings like? I know the Biochem 1 is 6 weeks, and physio all semester long?

Anyone who needs info and notes on the classes hit me up. I finished the program last year!!

Anyone who needs info and notes on the classes hit me up. I finished the program last year!!
hey i am interested in the spring 2017 term. Do you think I am late in cycle, my gpa is 3.275 and i have not taken GRE