Base Pay w/ production bonus for associate

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedoc2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Working as an associate for an OD. On average, how much do associate get paid with base and production bonus. And exactly how is that bonus calculated based on production. This is not Base vs production pay. I am talking about base +production bonus. Does anyone know how it actually works?

Members don't see this ad.

Working as an associate for an OD. On average, how much do associate get paid with base and production bonus. And exactly how is that bonus calculated based on production. This is not Base vs production pay. I am talking about base +production bonus. Does anyone know how it actually works?

There is no answer to your question as there are about a million different ways to structure these arrangements and the variables are far too many the biggest one being what area of the country you are talking about practicing in.

Depends on many factors. Base has regional differences (east coast vs south vs mid west). But definitely have an understanding about how your production bonus is calculated, if it is realistic and how it will be paid out. I got screwed this way when I was working for an OD so I'm just warning you that their are many predatory docs out there looking to take advantage of someone with insufficient business knowledge.