Basic Question - Mdapps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradJp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

I occasionally see someone post "posting so you can see my mdapps". I get that it refers to a site that students can post their application profile. But how does posting on SDN link you to mdapps? Does that mean they use the same handle and you can search that handle on mdapps?

Thanks for taking the time out to answer this basic question.

Jp

Members don't see this ad.

You can go into your profile settings and link your MDapps account with your SDN account. When you post it shows up under your avatar information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Guys and Gals,

I occasionally see someone post "posting so you can see my mdapps". I get that it refers to a site that students can post their application profile. But how does posting on SDN link you to mdapps? Does that mean they use the same handle and you can search that handle on mdapps?

Thanks for taking the time out to answer this basic question.

Jp

I have a MDApps linked to my account. See how it's a link under my avatar?

You do this by making an account with MDApps, and then copying the ID number that they have for you when you view your profile on their site.

To make it display on SDN, you click your username and select the "Preferences" tab, and then paste the number you got before into the field with "MDApplicant" next to it.

I hope that helps. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have a MDApps linked to my account. See how it's a link under my avatar?

You do this by making an account with MDApps, and then copying the ID number that they have for you when you view your profile on their site.

To make it display on SDN, you click your username and select the "Preferences" tab, and then paste the number you got before into the field with "MDApplicant" next to it.

I hope that helps. :)

Thank you Conflagration! Yes, that does help and I can follow the instructions. I do not have a MDApp myself but I am tempted to make one now.

Btw, your icon pic is very cute.

Thank you Conflagration! Yes, that does help and I can follow the instructions. I do not have a MDApp myself but I am tempted to make one now.

Gotta love some pokemon, Piplup!

Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what cycle are you applying for?

MD apps is in serious need of an update...MCAT scoring still includes the writing section & they have don't have any of the new schools from the last 5 years or so on there.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what cycle are you applying for?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not certain of my prospects to be honest so I don't want to say something I cannot follow through in terms of applying.

Yeah I noticed that the MD apps and the way browsers display school information is quite limited compared to how apps can display gaming data and social media data. user experience is just not something that is a priority for non-service-for-profit companies.