Bay area TY programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckdgusdl88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any TY programs in the SF Bay area other than Santa Clara Valley?
I searched on FREIDA and that was the only one that came up, and it is obviously insanely competitive.

Also, any cush preliminary PGY1 medicine positions in the Bay area that people would recommend?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any TY programs in the SF Bay area other than Santa Clara Valley?
I searched on FREIDA and that was the only one that came up, and it is obviously insanely competitive.

Also, any cush preliminary PGY1 medicine positions in the Bay area that people would recommend?

Thanks!

st. mary's prelim med is known as the "cush" bay area one, the rest are pretty moderate to tough. All PGY-1 position in the bay area are insanely competitive. Probably the least competitive, and a hidden gem imo, is highlands. But other favorites, all very competitive, i had from the interview season are both Kaiser Santa Clara and Kaiser Oakland, SCVMC, and I really liked CPMC as well but its on the tougher side with more ICU months.

st. mary's prelim med is known as the "cush" bay area one, the rest are pretty moderate to tough. All PGY-1 position in the bay area are insanely competitive. Probably the least competitive, and a hidden gem imo, is highlands. But other favorites, all very competitive, i had from the interview season are both Kaiser Santa Clara and Kaiser Oakland, SCVMC, and I really liked CPMC as well but its on the tougher side with more ICU months.

I'd take St. Mary's over Kaiser