Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path University Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HK_OT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been in communication with the Bay Path admissions office, and know an estimate of when they'll be getting back to everyone?

I applied to Towson and am expecting word at the end of March, Springfield College in mid-February, and Bay Path I have no idea and it's killing me! I know it's unhealthy to obsess like this, but I just can't help it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
HK_OT I agree with you that it is unhealthy to obsess like this. But I'm the exact same way.>_< I applied to Springfield College and Bay Path too! So I have been in contact with the admissions office. But I have not ask them about when people will hear back about admissions. I am actually visiting Bay Path in 2 weeks to meet with Lynn George and learn more about the program and tour the new science building. I heard it was a good idea from a older Bay Path forum. =]

Ooo, good luck!!! Hmmm, I'll have to try and find a time to get up to Mass. It's a good 6 hours away from me, so it might be hard to make a quick trip. We shall see...

Let us know how the tour goes! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing! I got an email after I finished my application saying that a "personal admissions counselor will be in contact soon", but have not heard from them since! I am starting to get a little concerned... but I didn't know how soon they meant. Has anyone else been in contact with an admissions counselor?

I last was in touch with Lynn George in January, just confirming all my materials and transcripts had been received. Since then, I haven't heard anything.

I just have a feeling we'll be hearing soon though. One can only hope! :)

I am meeting with Lynn George and Dr.Vaughn next Tuesday in person at Bay Path University. I will find out and let you guys know. I am coming up with a list of questions to ask them. If any of you have any, please let me know and I will ask them for you. :D

@Osillyphilly Good luck with your meeting! Let us know how it goes & how you like the campus (I've never visited!) & of course if you find out when they will be sending out decisions! :D

Thanks! I will definitely ask that ! :D Good luck to you too!

Hey guys!

I'm so happy I found this thread. I am patiently waiting to hear back from the schools I applied to Bathpath College, Springfield College, & American International. The silence is killing me ! LOL

Hi @hlauriza! One of my friends was just accepted to American International for a psych program & I realized I can still apply until Apr.1st for OT. Do you know much about the school? I'm not sure if it would still be worth it for me to try & apply at this point (if they have most of their class filled already or what not). If you have heard any details about their application/acceptance process that you wouldn't mind sharing, that would be super helpful! Thanks :)

Hi @hlauriza! One of my friends was just accepted to American International for a psych program & I realized I can still apply until Apr.1st for OT. Do you know much about the school? I'm not sure if it would still be worth it for me to try & apply at this point (if they have most of their class filled already or what not). If you have heard any details about their application/acceptance process that you wouldn't mind sharing, that would be super helpful! Thanks :)

Hey! It is still probably worth it to apply! I just recently e-mailed them to find out when they will be notifying applicants about admission and they said not till May 1st. Which is super late compared to other schools. I went for a information session at the school and it was pretty nice they had a really nice program, but if I'm not mistaken it's the most expensive school I applied too.

@hlauriza Okay great, thanks so much! I will keep it as an option & try to decide within a week or so if I should apply! I am hoping to hear back from Bay Path & University of the Sciences soon & also the Midwestern schools (but I don't think I will hear from them), I am just getting very anxious waiting! But if I can get everything together quickly I think it may be worth it to apply there as well!

Yes I'm hoping to hear back from Bay Path soon also! The waiting is killing me also lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a great time visiting Bay Path University today with Lynn George and Dr. Vaughn. They informed me that we should be hearing from them End of March or Early April. Also, their new Science building is absolutely spacious and beautiful it just opened up end of Jan. 2015. It's a whole new building for only OT and Physician Assistant students. Exciting news Bay Path University OT students no longer have to travel to Springfield College for the cadaver lab. The school has a new state of the art facility for the OT and Physician Assistant students to share the cadaver lab. :) Crossing fingers and toes....hoping to get ACCEPTED! >_<

@Osillyphilly That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!! If you don't mind me asking, did you just set up a visit by calling Lynn George? I live far away so probably couldn't do that, but if I don't hear by spring break I might have a chance to make it out there, so just wondering! It would be great to see in person :)

Thanks for letting us know ! I hope we hear back soon!

Hi! my name is Christina. I live in california. Thanks for all the information! I applied this year and I am nervously waiting to hear back :D

Yes, I just emailed her and set up an appointment. But I recommend that if you plan on heading out there. You should do it soon. My appointment had to be reschedule once. So I made an appointment with her a month ago.

Anybody else just have a complete heart attack when you saw the email from Lynn George titled Application status? lol Gosh, I'll be so glad when this whole process is all over. SO CLOSE.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody else just have a complete heart attack when you saw the email from Lynn George titled Application status? lol Gosh, I'll be so glad when this whole process is all over. SO CLOSE.
Yes!!! Haha I agree...

I woke up this morning and got super nervous and excited haha We just have a few more weeks to go! Staying positive :)

Oh no...I applied to bay path too and I didn't seem to get that email :/ what did it say?

Oh no...I applied to bay path too and I didn't seem to get that email :/ what did it say?
All it said was:

"Applicants for the Master of Occupational Therapy program can expect to hear at the end of March or early April via email."

Oh man. okay, that's a relief. I'm not sure why I wasn't part of that email list, though. Guess I'll email Lynn George.

Anybody else feeling anxious !? I feel like I'm checking my e-mail 100 times a day!

Hi everyone! This wait is making me anxious! Has anyone heard anything yet? Sending positive vibes! :)

Hi everyone! This wait is making me anxious! Has anyone heard anything yet? Sending positive vibes! :)

I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully if not this week then next week!

Me too....I'm getting anxious waiting. Crossing fingers! :D

is anyone else getting a little frustrated with the wait? I thought we would have most definitely heard by this past Friday. grrrr lol

I thought we'd hear by now too. If I didn't get into Towson this week (my first choice) I would definitely be more frustrated.

Good luck to everybody! If I get an offer from Bay Path, I'll be declining.

@HK_OT Congrats on your admission to Towson, so exciting! I am crossing fingers we hear back this coming week! Just staying positive and hoping for the best :)

I thought we'd hear by now too. If I didn't get into Towson this week (my first choice) I would definitely be more frustrated.

Good luck to everybody! If I get an offer from Bay Path, I'll be declining.

Congrats!!!

Hoping to hear back this week! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I'm Kate! **crossing fingers** for Bay Path. We'll know this week for sure! :claps:

No, not positive! I am only going off Lynn's words in her email when she says "early" April. After this week, I wouldn't consider it "early" but "mid April." maybe I'm reading into it too much lol ;)

No, not positive! I am only going off Lynn's words in her email when she says "early" April. After this week, I wouldn't consider it "early" but "mid April." maybe I'm reading into it too much lol ;)

Believe me I am too lol!

I emailed Lynn this morning and she said that they experienced "an unexpected delay and emails should be out mid-April." So I'm guessing we won't hear anything until next week at the earliest. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed Lynn this morning and she said that they experienced "an unexpected delay and emails should be out mid-April." So I'm guessing we won't hear anything until next week at the earliest. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for the information! Hopefully next week then :)

Thanks so much for sharing with us. I been waiting so anxiously by my computer. >_< Crossing fingers* Good luck everyone!

I've been refreshing my email hourly! I wish we would all get email updates! I hate waiting!!

I decided to email Lynn yesterday. She informed me we should expect to hear back next week or the week after. She said she would keep me posted. :)

I'm not surprised they are behind - maybe cause of all the snowstorms? I also applied to AIC and haven't heard from them yet either. And Springfield seems to just have started giving back decisions this week.

i hope we hear back soon, I only applied to Baypath so I really hope I get in.

Does anyone know how many students are in their program or how many they accept?