BCMP gpa Q.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

.:Buddros:.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What math classes are included in the Science GPA?
I looked up this question, and the best answer I got was a point to this link:
http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2006instructionbook.pdf
around pg. 69 (71 in acrobat), it mentions the classes used in the BCMP GPA, but the math section just mentions math and stats. Do you think that it means all math classes. I am worried because I took a bunch of upper level math classes that I didnt do so well in...
so it goes....

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

YEs - i would consider it all math courses, anythign with MATH or whatever the desigination is.
sory to hear that - what are the upper level courses? discrete and higher?

ALL of my math classes were counted in the science GPA even ones offered through the engineering college. So, Calc 1-3, Diff Eq, lin alg, stats, another stats, control theory (or something like that) and numerical methods....all were counted as Math.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put them all in there.

Good fortune.

as long as they were in the math department, they count. it is kind of weird though bc i took a discrete math class in the comp sci dept that was crosslisted in math but since on my transcript is was a comp sci class, it didnt count. also i took a stats class in the econ dept and it didnt count either. but my upper level classes in the math dept., number theory and combinatorics, did count.

What about numerical methods, does it count as math class even if it's listed as an engineering class?

DesiMcatAcer said:
What about numerical methods, does it count as math class even if it's listed as an engineering class?

If it is an engineering class you can classify it as such. If you like your grade and want it to go towards your BCPM then do it.

Thanks for a wise answer :)