Bcpm classification help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeisamovie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m on my last stretch of final semester in spring, and I’m taking some heavy course load so I wanted a fun easy elective that still counts for science gpa as a buffer.

These are the descriptions if anyone can let me know their thoughts if these count for science gpa? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would most definitely count both of those as BCPM courses. If I can get away with classifying "the basis of behavior" as BCPM on AMCAS there's no way this wouldn't count as BCPM haha.

Reactions: 1 users
I would most definitely count both of those as BCPM courses. If I can get away with classifying "the basis of behavior" as BCPM on AMCAS there's no way this wouldn't count as BCPM haha.
Than you! I was a little worried because they’re not considered scGPA at my school and they’re from the plants science department so I was a bit worried haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I’m on my last stretch of final semester in spring, and I’m taking some heavy course load so I wanted a fun easy elective that still counts for science gpa as a buffer.

These are the descriptions if anyone can let me know their thoughts if these count for science gpa? Thank you!

PLS3400C - Principles of plant science:
The course is designed to provide the student with basic knowledge of plant anatomy, genetics, physiology, soils, plant diseases and production practices of various crops

PLP3230- survey of plant pathogens:
Introduction to the main groups of pathogens that are the cause plant disease, how they are spread and affect plants, and how they are identified and managed. The course also includes specific examples of how plant pathogens have changed the course of human history and culture.
Pursuant to the AMCAS Guide, botany qualifies as a BCPM course (see "Botany" under Biology).

AMCAS Course Classification Guide

Reactions: 1 user
Pursuant to the AMCAS Guide, botany qualifies as a BCPM course (see "Botany" under Biology).

AMCAS Course Classification Guide
Thank you! I was worried because it’s not under “botany” at our school , but it’s still I guess over 50% science since it covers plant Antony, physiology, things like photosynthesis and such which I thought would be science.
I appreciate all y’all’s help! Thank you!

Last edited: