Becoming a Scribe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vici

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

How's it going? Hopefully well!

I recently Joined this site. I am a sophomore who recently changed to a Bio major with a pre-med concentration.

As I was scanning the site for Job opportunities for pre-med students, I kept coming across "Scribe"

Can someone explain to me what is required to be a Scribe? Can I work around my school schedule? How does one go about becoming a Scribe?

Bonus: Any stories???

Members don't see this ad.

Please use the "search" function, there have been many threads and responses detailing the job description, comparison to other low barrier-to-entry medical jobs such as EMT or medical tech, balancing with school, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone!

Hi

Good.

I recently Joined this site. I am a sophomore who recently changed to a Bio major with a pre-med concentration.

Nice!

As I was scanning the site for Job opportunities for pre-med students, I kept coming across "Scribe"

Apply!

Can someone explain to me what is required to be a Scribe? Can I work around my school schedule? How does one go about becoming a Scribe?

Google.

Kidney stones are not fun. Drink lots of water.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Everyone!

Hey man! I'm a Chief Scribe in an ED via Scribe America. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

I am a scribe with the company eScribe in the ED as well. It is great experience, especially if you are interested in emergency medicine. I am able to be in the exam rooms with the physicians while they go over the stories, pertinent positives and negatives, and see them perform the physical exams. After the room visits the physicians tell me their exam findings and I fill out their charts for them so they can focus on being a physician rather than a typist.