Becoming researcher in weight loss research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxnact281

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like my topic was deleted the last time I posted it. I don't know why.

Hi. I come from the field of computer programming. I would like to become a researcher in the field of weight loss. Which includes doing experiments on living cells and animals in order to derive conclusions regarding mechanisms and chemicals.
However, I have a couple of questions.
First, I live in Israel, and I don't know if there are facilities who research this field in Israel.
Second, I don't really know which profession I need in order to get involved in this field. I would like to be the guy who looks on things and mechanisms on the big side. I don't want to be a molecular or chemical expert. But rather someone who can zoom out in big mechanisms of the body and dig into the small mechanisms of molecular dynamics if I have to.
I would like access to expensive equipment which analyses compositions and molecules.
My target is to conduct research and to reach conclusions and to integrate with other guys who are professional in other ways. perhaps under a greater team, but my overall goal is not to be a small "cog" in a system. but rather someone who can reach conclusions regarding body mechanisms and affect other people decisions regarding directions where to proceed with the research.
If I can also be part-time doctor I might get more satisfaction from it..
The things I'm worried about are : Grades (I'm considered intelligent, but I have trouble studying irrelevant material and things I consider not interesting), where to live and initial money deposit, How will I live and how, and the length of the studies.
What profession do I need to study that will suit me the best? and is there such profession that can help me to get the job I am interested at?
Is there a way of getting to the job without learning any degree at all, but rather showing my technical skills of analysis and research, and learning on the fly?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not classic pre-med pathway who just got out of college and he's 21. I already have a career in software programming.
Nutrition is not what I'm interested in, metabolism is close.
I'm looking to be like an engineer, but on the human body, only in order to find solutions to problems - not to conduct research for the purpose of collecting data.
Still, I do not understand what is the job of a doctor who is a scientist in the context of medical research. I do not understand why PhD in metabolism is better, or maybe being a biologist is better, and I have no friends which are doctors or biologists to consult with..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am oxnact281 (the creator of this thread) just under a different profile. I still need an answer to my original question and would love someone who knows to provide input.. thanks.

Not medical school and not on this forum. See goro's answer

Stop posting this question and making multiple accounts!
This is like the fifth time you've done this...that's why it keeps getting deleted and you keep getting banned

Sir can any one answer me.
I had a strange situation i had come across patient who is suffering with excess visceral fat. He is unable to do exercises. He wants to decrease it only supplements. So can any one suggests which would be the best supplements for such person who is on 290 lbs. Please answer me.

Status
Not open for further replies.