Before Starting Scholl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering if there are any seminars or prep classes offered before you start Scholl orientation on Aug 10th?

Anyone from Scholl have tips on preparing for school? Anyone else from other schools have some tips?

Thanks for your replies :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

doclm said:
Hello All,

I was wondering if there are any seminars or prep classes offered before you start Scholl orientation on Aug 10th?

Anyone from Scholl have tips on preparing for school? Anyone else from other schools have some tips?

Thanks for your replies :thumbup:

Hey,

I am a first year student finishing up finals right now and I hope this stuff helps. As far as seminars or prep classes, I wouldn't worry about any of that. We don't offer any to my knowledge, but I would just say it was unnecessary all in all. Late in the summer (sometime mid to late July, so don't get anxious), they will send you a packet of Basic Biomedical Sciences stuff to study up on before you get here. I would recommend reading through that a couple of times. The Biochem portion will be your first test here at Scholl (although its worth a lot less than a quiz grade, but it still helps!), so I would pay a little more attention to that. You will have a few weeks even to review it once you begin classes. I would also say its a good idea to look over the Anatomy portion, esp. the terminology section. Memorizing it is pointless because you go over it all again, but in greater detail, so don't worry with that. None of this takes very long, and they do an excellent job at Scholl of allowing you to get your feet on the ground once classes begin. I had a lot of fun my first few weeks here and didn't worry much about studying like crazy at first. So I guess to sum it up - ENJOY YOUR SUMMER! You have 4 years to worry about school. Just have fun. You'll get all of the school you want, I promise. If you have any questions about Scholl, shoot me an email. I'd be happy to help you out. But like I said, things are crazy right now, so I might not get back to you super-quick. If not, I will see you during orientation, where the 2nd year students show you new guys a good time!

Murray
[email protected]

MurrayButler said:
Hey,

I am a first year student finishing up finals right now and I hope this stuff helps. As far as seminars or prep classes, I wouldn't worry about any of that. We don't offer any to my knowledge, but I would just say it was unnecessary all in all. Late in the summer (sometime mid to late July, so don't get anxious), they will send you a packet of Basic Biomedical Sciences stuff to study up on before you get here. I would recommend reading through that a couple of times. The Biochem portion will be your first test here at Scholl (although its worth a lot less than a quiz grade, but it still helps!), so I would pay a little more attention to that. You will have a few weeks even to review it once you begin classes. I would also say its a good idea to look over the Anatomy portion, esp. the terminology section. Memorizing it is pointless because you go over it all again, but in greater detail, so don't worry with that. None of this takes very long, and they do an excellent job at Scholl of allowing you to get your feet on the ground once classes begin. I had a lot of fun my first few weeks here and didn't worry much about studying like crazy at first. So I guess to sum it up - ENJOY YOUR SUMMER! You have 4 years to worry about school. Just have fun. You'll get all of the school you want, I promise. If you have any questions about Scholl, shoot me an email. I'd be happy to help you out. But like I said, things are crazy right now, so I might not get back to you super-quick. If not, I will see you during orientation, where the 2nd year students show you new guys a good time!

Murray
[email protected]

Thanks a lot for the info, this helps.
I look forward to meeting you this fall.

Luke.