Program-Specific Info / Q's Belmont Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThopefull3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been invited to the Belmont interview on March 28th?

These are some questions I thought of.

Anyone already got in from early decision?
I was invited and in the email, it said it was first come first serve, does this mean I'm not a strongly considered applicant?
They have an essay portion, any clue what it is on?
Attire? I am a male, so I'm going business casual, tie no jacket.
Interview questions?
Admittance percentages?
Is Belmont's outrageous six figure tuition worth the OTD degree?
Facilities are amazing so I hear, anyone else excited to see them?
So happy, I got the chance, ready to blow them out the water! Still waiting to hear from Tennessee State too.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't specifically remember what the interview essay topic was, but they said they use it to determine your writing level and not your eligibility for acceptance. Mostly they want to know if you will need writing assistance if accepted. You have about an hour and it wasn't anything too difficult.

When I went, it seemed like people were mostly dressed in suits. I think a few of the men wore jackets.

Interview questions were pretty normal questions as far as I remember. Why OT? Do you think you can keep up with the work load? Maybe a question on diversity and your experience with it, or how you would alter your work methods to work with different people? Why OTD? Tell me a situation where you worked with a group. How do you deal with conflict?

I received an interview invitation around February 21st when I was in Mobile for my interview at the University of South Alabama. See you on the 28th! Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will also be there on the 28th! I think the outfit you have planned will be fine. The only thing I'm unsure of is what to say when they ask, "why OTD?" I'm still a little unsure of that.

Thank you RedHeadOT! The date is getting close, getting pretty excited about it, just nervous because I haven't done an interview in a while. See you there OTwithme and OTLady

So what did y'all think of the interview day at Belmont?

I really enjoyed it. I think the program is pretty impressive, as are the facilities and resources. I'm really curious as to how much they weigh the interview in regards to admissions. Were you in the morning interview? I heard they did an evening session as well... which makes me a little nervous with how many people there are competing for the 16 or 17 seats they have left. What did you think?

I really enjoyed it. I think the program is pretty impressive, as are the facilities and resources. I'm really curious as to how much they weigh the interview in regards to admissions. Were you in the morning interview? I heard they did an evening session as well... which makes me a little nervous with how many people there are competing for the 16 or 17 seats they have left. What did you think?
I was in the morning session as well and I was really impressed by the program and faculty. Actually, they are my top pick now. I'm so nervous because they interviewed 100 people and there are only 16 spots left :unsure:

I personally loved it! I was in the afternoon session and was told that they have a rubric for ranking candidates that is equal parts interview/application/GPA. I think the writing sample is part of the interview, GRE and experience are part of the "application." I would estimate 50 people in the afternoon session so I am also nervous but very very hopeful. He also talked about how they typically use a pretty large chunk of their wait list. Belmont is my #1- the next two weeks can not pass quickly enough.

That's good to know about the rubric and being considered equal parts. The past few days have felt like they passed by so slowly... I wish I could skip to next Friday :) Good luck everyone :highfive:

Did they happen to mention how many people were accepted out of the early admission interviews?

No they did not. They just said up to 50% as it states on their website. I really hope everyone who truly has belmont as their number one and plan on using the degree for research and/or teaching get the last available positions. Not to mention those who have prepared financially for the cost of the school.
From what we learned on the interview day they do a pretty amazing job of retention, so their picking the right people, just wish there was more than 32!

From what I remember during the early interview date, they said they were only going to take the top 2 and either decline or defer everyone else. I didn't know if they really stuck to that or not. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
In the morning session during the Interview Day Wrap-up Mr. Nichols said that there are still over half of the spots available :thumbup:

They reportedly filled exactly 1/2 from early admissions- they do not require those people to make an early decision though, so there could even be more than half of the spots open.

Well I guess we will all find out where we stand next week :whistle:

I got my acceptance email this afternoon! I am so excited! Anyone else heading there this fall?!

I got my acceptance email this morning!!! Best way to start off a 9AM to 9PM school day :soexcited: :clap: :biglove: :banana: Congrats hpOT5! See you in August! :highfive:

I received mine today too!! I'm so excited!!!! After the interview they were the only program I wanted to go to.

I received mine today too!! I'm so excited!!!! After the interview they were the only program I wanted to go to.
Me too!! After going there for the interview it became my top choice! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciteddddddddddddddddd!!!!!

Me too!! After going there for the interview it became my top choice! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciteddddddddddddddddd!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you!! :)

I was waitlisted and am trying to stay optimistic. It's an amazing program and it's definitely my #1! It's killing me that they don't release your position on the waitlist :confused:

Congratulations to all of you!! :)

I was waitlisted and am trying to stay optimistic. It's an amazing program and it's definitely my #1! It's killing me that they don't release your position on the waitlist :confused:

Hang in there! I do recall them saying at the interview day that there is often movement from the wait list due to the price of the program and such. Best of luck!

@OTwithMe @SJ2014 Congratulations!! So excited to meet you in the fall! :happy: Are you guys familiar with the area at all? I heard they normally start a Facebook group for the program so ideally I'll be linking up with a roommate through there. I fell in love with the city during my visit but seeing as how I'm from Florida I'm not all that familiar with the area!

I got accepted too. Congrats @hpOT5 @OTwithMe @SJ2014!:highfive: So glad to hear a lot of you guys got in. Look forward to meeting you all. It was always my number one after observing a lot of OTs in the TN area they all said that if they could have went to Belmont (due to price or acceptance) they would have because of the great facilities and faculty. :soexcited: Excited!!!

@OTwithMe @SJ2014 Congratulations!! So excited to meet you in the fall! :happy: Are you guys familiar with the area at all? I heard they normally start a Facebook group for the program so ideally I'll be linking up with a roommate through there. I fell in love with the city during my visit but seeing as how I'm from Florida I'm not all that familiar with the area!
I was looking for a facebook group, but thought it might still be a bit early. I have only been to Nashville the one weekend for the interview- but I cannot wait. I am moving there with two dogs and a spouse in tow- it is going to be crazy!

Congrats everyone! I live out in California so I've been checking out housing online ever since the interview ha. I fell in love with Belmont and the city of Nashville while I was there. I can't wait to come check out townhouses in Nashville at the end of May :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who were accepted- what was the date you had to pay your deposit by? Just wondering if there is a date when some movement might be happening on the waitlist. Thanks! :)

I got accepted into the weekend masters program and our deadline is Thursday, April 24th. I'm pretty sure that the OTD programs deadline is around the same time frame.

For those of you who were accepted- what was the date you had to pay your deposit by? Just wondering if there is a date when some movement might be happening on the waitlist. Thanks! :)
We had 2 weeks from when we received our acceptance, which was today for me. So there should be movement this week.

I am on the waitlist too. I am praying that both of us make the final cut and that we get to be a part of this amazing group! :xf:

Thanks, OTwithMe and PTA2OT! Good luck to you Vbkbguy!!