Bench exam ! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm from TX too. We're on the same page. I'm also awaiting schedule for the bench exam. If you have previously taken the bench all you need to do is to wait for the schedule of the exam, and then submit your re-application. Where are you in Texas?

txdentist said:
Hi ..

ive noticed that a lot of people have been sending their applications in for the bench exam .. i havent seen any dates posted on the dbc website .. am i missing out on information ?? have the application deadlines been posted somewhere yet ??

or are people just talking about first-time applicants just sending proof of their qualification in ?

i am a re-taking the examination and it would really help if someone can help me out with the application ( and re-application) deadline dates ..

thanks a lot

hi ,
does anyone have a rough idea as to how many new and old applicants are waiting for bench.

also the bill says that each eligible candidate will be given no more than 4 attempts to pass bench ....does that mean the attempts can be less than 4 ?

i somehow think that it may not be possible to give 4 attempts to all candidates . can dbc just end the exam in 2008 ,without giving all the attempts to the candidates.

not that we will need all the attempts ,but if it is so ,dbc will have to conduct many exams each year to make sure that all of us get a fair chance.

Hello folks!,
Since u guys r in California , I think u guys will definitely have an answer for my query!

So, after this bench exam & when u get ur license to practice -what r ur chances in other states, I mean when you want to move to other states and practice after how many years in California, u can do that? :confused:

Pls throw some light! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DBC just posted the schedule for the next bench exam, Nov. 19-21, filing period is to be determined! :eek:

hi!
I do have the same doubt that after how many years can we practice in other states after passing bench test.

Hello, For part 1 and 2 score report does board want us directly to send them ,or it is ok if i tell ADA and then they will send them my original score report?
as i did in this way but now somebody saying that we need to do registerd mail so now i am confused.can anyone guide me in this.

You mihgt have to check as reciprocity only applies to US or canadian grads.Be sure about it and even if you dont have any luck with it,you will still do fine in cali.

Here's a thought... once you get your license what rules and regulations apply to to you ?

.. are there any time limits after which you need to update your license by taking a new set of licensure exams?
... is there an annual number of continuing education courses that one might have to take?
... can you keep your license even if you're unable to practise for sometime?

Hi,

I have enrolled in colton classes starting from 7th July.If somebody is enrolled in same class pl let me know.I am travelling from bay area.

hello guys here,

I know i am out of tract but since all of you here are taking or have already taken the Bench exam, i am thinking that i will have a better response to my request: Anybody who has nbde part 2 dental decks for sale..pls pm me. thnx i plan to take part2 this july and afterwhich, will consider taking again part 1 again to attempt for a better score. Everybody says i need to improve my scores to be competitive for school admission.

Goodluck to all of you here!!!

hi everyone ,
was going through SDN after long .....lots of doubts !!!!
first of all y do we need to send the part 1 score report ?? the part 2 report will have part 1 scores as well ????
do we need to post our application form for bench exam right now ??? cause there isnt anything like that mentioned in the DBC website !!!!!!!
what r the chances of any first time applicant getting a chance in nov exam ?? & when will we get to know the future exam dates ??? so that we can think about other things mean while !!!
any info would be appreciated .... thanks in advance .

hey guys,
this is really important.A friend of mine sent in his original score card(part1 and 2) to dbc. and dbc has sent it back to him. he was a first timer and dbc did not have any previous record of his.. now i find this confusing because i too sent my score card to dbc at the same time and my situation is the same as his,as in i too was sending dbc my info for the first time.. so i wanted to know if their is anyone else who has sent their score cards to dbc and already got them back? please help!!! and the other info that i have is that this nov exam priority will be given to old applicants and hence forth it will be 50% of old applicants and 50% new applicants. if anyone else has any other info please let us know.

hey hi sonia....i'm ****al from sacramento..i guess we met during the u.o.p. interviews..yeah even i have sent in my original score reports thru the ada to the dbc....have not got them back as yet.and thats what most of my freinds have done but none have recieved it back...we are all first timers.so i really dont know why did your freind get it back..has yr freinds score card been sent back by the dbc....or it never reached the dbc and got returned to him....

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, do any of u know how many days does ada take exactly to send in the score reports to schools, after we request them? :confused:

hey,
the ada has written on their website that it may take 3 weeks to process ur request.it is possible that they might be able to send it earlier than that.....so in case it is possible donot delay sending the request.....so that even if it does take 3 weeks it does not affect ur application

hi, i`ve sent my part 1 & 2 score reports to dbc through ADA.but i`m not sure whether they have got them or not. I tried to contact dbc by phone & e-mail, but didn`t get any responce. shall i send my own original reports directly to dbc now? can anyone guide me in tis regard? thanks. :)

hey hi....yeah even i've sent my score reports thru ada....what i did was called up the ada and asked them wether they have sent the scores to dbc and on which date.....cuz even i did not get any response from dbc....you can do the same to confirm....

Does any body know, how to get application forms for bench test. shall i call them and ask to send me forms or is there any other way out? please let me know.:)

hey docsps,
yeah i was there at uop, and i do remember meeting someone from sacramento..anyways thanks for the response. my friends score card was sent back to him by dbc itself..its all very confusing. hey maybe i am just being paranoid,but i was also thinking of something else...you know we sent our scores to dbc through ada, but if u recall in our part 2 applications we had an option of our scores being sent to any 3 boards in the US... so all students who give their boards in california will obviously want their scores to be sent to dbc and plus few others from other states may also opt for california board..so dbc has received our scores twice once when we appeared for part2 and now when we again requested ada to send them our scores...so my question is how will dbc diffrentiate as to which students are interested in taking the bench exam..becuase they receive many scores from ada....i hope i am making sense to you...so i was thinking just for precaution should we also send our original score report which we have with us..we have very little time left...let me know what you guys think...

hey hi sonia....i understand your concern....and even i was thinking the same ,but then after speaking to a couple of friends i felt there's no need to send another copy again to the dbc....they'll unnecessarily get all the more confused if we keep on sending them score reports.and then when we'll send in the application forms they'll automatically come to know who all are applying for the bench..so i guess its fine if we dont send our score cards now....tht's what i feel...may be i'm even wrong ...i dono...

hello there,
i was out of the country for a while but before i left i was told and read tht i was suppsed to send a copy of my scores to the dbc...but now i just saw tht most of u sent the original from ada......my scores havent come bac...wht should i do now...is it too late....was i supposed to send it thru ada???

please advise!!!

hey shaya,
I think u better send ur original part2 score report to dbc bcoz this is what i read in their website.

I posted before and I will say again " I called DBC and was informed to send the original report even if I had ask ada to send them one."

If you not sure and have any question, please call dbc, do not keep guessing, because time is running out and July12 is right there on the corner. That's my advice. :)

Hi Guys and Gals

I am wondering if course at Duggan Institute would be more than enough to clear the RT exam. Its long time I have been practising crown preps. I thought of getting some work done at dental school where I am presently doing my Masters in non clinical field then move on to Duggans. How much time and preparation do you think it will be enough to clear the boards. Imagine starting from scratch here in US.

Let me know

Thanks

Vennai

hi, vennai i think the duggan`s 3 month course is what all u need to clear bench test.
rest it`s upto u , what u think is best for u. all the best.

hi, i`m taking up duggan`s bench course starting on 7th july at colton. so for all these 3 months i`ll stay in colton. Is there anybody interested in becoming my room mate, so that we can discuss and prepare for bench test together.
Please let me know. :cool:

Hi, I need help out here! Iam confused that....whether we have to send our NBDE scores to DBC by July 12th if we are applying for the RT exam this year or even if we plan to take exam any time until 2008???? please help me with ur replies!
I also read in the forum that some have sent original NBDE score reports which they have with them personally to DBC . But when I called ADA and enquired about it, they said that we should not send the original score reports which we have with us to any body and they will not be sent to us again. is that true?? though I have the only option to send the score cards with me, I thought it's better to take an advice from u guys...

thanks
pallavi

Dear Pallavi:

AB 1467 stipulates that all candidates must submit their original scores 90 days after the it is signed into law, that is, by July 12. Go ahead and submit yours ASAP if have not done so. Don't hang on to the original report card. It has no personal use. If you want another one, you can always ask the ADA and pay $10 for another copy. You might have been misinformed by the person you talked to at the ADA. They just sent me another copy of my report card! I all had to do was ask in writing, and pay the required fee. Good luck.

Ivorinedust.

------------------------------------------
Apolonia, relieve my toothache.

Hi Pallavi,

It has been a while since I posted anything here and I have missed the interaction with all of you.

I called the California Dental Board about exactly what needs to be sent in before July 12, 2004. You must send in the original score report for your NBDE results. You do not need to have the ADA send a sealed copy of the score report. I challenged the person that I spoke with on the phone and said that the information that the Dental Board posted on their website did not stipulate that an original score report needed to be sent in. The person said that "Dental Board management decided that an original score report must be sent in." I didn't argue with the person, but this seemed to me to be totally unfair to provide inadequate and incomplete information on an official state website. Further, I was told to send the score report via return receipt mail. It sounded like the Dental Board has a huge stack of score reports sitting on some desk somewhere within their offices and there is always the chance that they will misplace a score report. You may need the return receipt as proof that you actually sent in the report within the scheduled deadline.

Below is a sample cover letter to send along with your score report:

July 2, 2004

Dental Board of California
1432 Howe Ave., Ste. 85-B
Sacramento, CA 95825

Re: Submission of National Dental Board Scores Parts I and II of Adriana del Pilar Clark For Purposes of Eligibility for the Restorative Technique Examination

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please find attached a copy of my scores for the National Dental Board Examinations Parts I and II. I am sending these score reports in order to be eligible to sit for the California Restorative Technique Examination. I am sending these documents via certified mail in order to ensure their delivery to, and acceptance by, the Dental Board of California.

If these documents are not adequate to establish eligibility for the Restorative Technique Examination, please contact me immediately at [email protected] or at my home phone number at 415 XXX XXXX. My mailing address is as follows:

Adriana Clark
XXXX XXXX XXXX
San Francisco, CA 94121

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Adriana del Pilar Clark

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this issue, please don't hesitate to write me. You can send an Express Mail letter to the Dental Board and it will get to the Board within one day's time. Just be sure to also send the Express Mail letter with a return receipt card attached to the envelope. Ask the postal clerk for assistance if you are unsure of how to do it.

Scott

Thanks guys! I appreciate your replies so soon. Really I could decide about sending the scores in time. Infact I mailed the originals right away after reading ur posts..great help!

thanks
pallavi

Hi Folks,

I'm preparing for part I in December 2004. Will I still have time to apply for the CA RT exam? I'm a foreign trained dentist trying to get lincensure without doing the 2-yr advanced program.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

i have already sent dbc the score card through ada for part1 and 2. should i send the original one too. will they not get confused ......it seems that they already have a lot of cards to handle .

is the card sent from ada not as good as the original ....plus we have to attach the original on the application too .what will we attach there if we send the original........ :confused:

I asked the same question to the Dental Board and the answer was a photocopy of your score card may be attached to your application. But I guess they will clarify everything once they post the application date on the website

in that Question no 7 is confusing
it says what to submit for application.

7. What do I need to submit to the Board once the application deadline is
established?
Eligible candidates must submit the following:
? Completed Restorative Technique Application
? Fees - $556.00 for first time applicant
? Fees - $325.00 for re-examination applicants
? 2 Fingerprint cards ? Non California Residents
? LiveScan Fingerprint application ? California Residents only
? Original Diploma and a copy of the Diploma (original diploma will be returned)
? Certification of Diploma Form
? Original Transcript of the Academic and Clinical Dental School Record,
and a copy of the transcript of the academic record.
? Certification of Translation Form

Do re-examinaton students also have to submit Certification of diploma form & Certification of Translation form.
& what about livescan fingerprint appication.

please any re-examiner has any idea please help here.

ivshah
waiting for reply.

The Board has moved the next RT Exam a week early from Nov. 19-21 to Nov 13-14. I don't think this matters much for now, but is it going to be a two-day affair instead of three(Friday being the registration day?)?

Ivorinedust

-----------------------------------------------
Apolonia, relieve my toothache!

heyy, as was discussed in this thread a while back, i sent my original score card to dbc n NOW they have posted the faq`s on their site which sez that we shouldnt send them the original scores as yet.But acc to so many people within this thread, we shouldve sent our originals to them already(as i have done too!!).so can please someone tell me what am i supposed to do now?what do i attach to the application???since i no longer have my original score card!!!! i am really nervous about this........ pl help.

hey there everyone,
i hav a question. well there is no guarantee tht we will get a chance to giv the bench exam this year. so wht if someone tries for the Idp program too as a second option but wants to giv their part 1 again to improve their scores. will tht make the person ineligible to apply for the bench as the new scores wil say exam given in 2004? (first time gav part 1 in 2000 and cleared all subjects)

hi!
As for my knowledge,if u give part-1 again they will cancle your prevoius part-1 score. it is not like toefl that u can give as many time as possible & still u can send out ur best score of those.So DBC may not cosider it. but its wise to ask DBC.

shaya said:
hey there everyone,
i hav a question. well there is no guarantee tht we will get a chance to giv the bench exam this year. so wht if someone tries for the Idp program too as a second option but wants to giv their part 1 again to improve their scores. will tht make the person ineligible to apply for the bench as the new scores wil say exam given in 2004? (first time gav part 1 in 2000 and cleared all subjects)

hi

i donot seetheneed to infrom the dbc about yr new score.. they will never come to know unless u tell them ......and u have already send yr scores to them proving yr eligibilty ...and in the future u donot have to send them ( if i get it right ) .....
correct me if i am wrong

Exam in November and they haven't announced the enrollment period. And if the past is any indication they won't tell you whether you are admitted or not until a month beforehand. So for the next half year our lives are on hold. Can't plan anything .... can't travel .... practice everyday to sharpen our skill yet not knowing if the effort will be for naught, especially with the change in format next year :mad:

We are being treated like second class citizen and we should voice our displeasure.

- tengu

This has been beaten to death in another thread, and I don't mean to be a grammar policeman .... BUT

Teachers give exams, students take them.

and while I am at it

It is not fashionable to use "ur", "u", "plz", "r" .....

tengu3 said:
...don't mean to be a grammar policeman .... BUT Teachers give exams, students take them...

I agree. But I guess it'd be easier to spot someone who wasn't dentally trained in the Western Hemisphere? Still, I'm glad that the common language on this forum is English. I guess Spanish would be tied second to any one of the Indian languages? I'd think someone may have done a poll on the most popular native language in SDN Dental International forum? That'd be interesting to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.