Benghazi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deepstate2016

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all who just KNEW that Mrs Clinton just murdered those brave men, have a big cup of SHUT UP.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope 800 pages? I suspect few will. If Mrs Clinton could be blamed I am sure that the GOP would trumpet it.

Nope 800 pages? I suspect few will. If Mrs Clinton could be blamed I am sure that the GOP would trumpet it.

Did you read any of it? I ask because you are so hell bent on blaming a political ideology for the government's failure. She does bear fault, just not all of it. But hey, everyone else can suck it while she's being indicted for other things, right? It's always someone else's fault.

There's plenty of fault to go around.

Ultimately, the ambassador had full discretion to be wherever he wanted, even if that meant leaving the city (or country) if they were too unsafe. He knew as much about the security of the compound as anyone, and chose to stay.

All these diplomats in dangerous places should be respected for their work and bravery. They put their lives on the line to help people who in many cases want them dead.

As far as the political aspect of it, I assume we ALL know what that's about, whether people want to admit it or not. These d1cks waste tens of billions of our dollars every year over displays of self-aggrandizement/campaigning and ideology masquerading as "fact-finding". This particular time it's the republicans. Maybe the dems will be next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is that what the ambassador said when he was questioned during the investigation? Oh wait... What you can speculate on was that he did call for help, help was available within hours, help did not come. Then the excuse was that there was a response because of a newspaper cartoon, which ended up being false.

Reactions: 1 user
The point being made is there was no help close enough, there was no conspiracy to kill or cover the death of the ambassador, and that forces were not restrained from a rescue mission.
As has been accused by several on this forum and a million on multiple memes

Is that what the ambassador said when he was questioned during the investigation? Oh wait... What you can speculate on was that he did call for help, help was available within hours, help did not come. Then the excuse was that there was a response because of a newspaper cartoon, which ended up being false.
The calling for help stuff isn't speculation, it happened. It's also not speculation that he asked for more security for months. They told him no.

It wasn't safe and he didn't have to go. He did. He was dedicated. Even his family says they get that. He was a grown-ass man.

Things could have been handled better by many people.

Although it's irritating having to explain this over and over again, at least you're not costing us millions.

The report is a clear indictment for the failure of both Obama and Hillary.

1) Hillary LIED to the families of those lost, and LIED to the American people, when she stated to Chelsea that it was obviously an al-qaeda like group responsible but she told everyone else it was a spontaneous protest over a video.

2) Hillary ignored requests for additional security resources.

3) Obama and Panetta ordered mobilization of US forces to rescue the Americans, but SOMEONE prevented that from happening, and it was described as "diplomatic concerns" that were holding back the forces. Who was the chief diplomat during Obama's first term?

4) Hillary was the TOP official in a meeting DURING the Benghazi assault, where HALF of the action items during the meeting were about how they could spin the event as a spontaneous protest.

5) Hillary FAILED in developing a post-Qaddafi plan. She was a horrible leader in all this.

Based on what happened in Benghazi, Hillary would be a TERRIBLE president. She has no initiative, she lacks judgement, and she is a failure.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just saw that movie 13 hours. In that at least, the CIA station chief acted like a complete dingus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Of course like most people, I depend on Hollywood to inform me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 4 users
Email scandal. From CNN this AM.

"The State Department guessed that it could only review about 500 pages a month at most given their current resources."

As a reviewer for several companies and entities, I can review 500 pages in 2 hours, not 1 month. This is a cover up not incompetence.

Email scandal. From CNN this AM.

"The State Department guessed that it could only review about 500 pages a month at most given their current resources."

As a reviewer for several companies and entities, I can review 500 pages in 2 hours, not 1 month. This is a cover up not incompetence.

The public sector since the late 1900s has been the american aristocracy with the leaders more like dukes or barons. People like the Clintons are more akin to royalty who act with the authority of divine right. Until a third party can compete at a national level there will never be any justice for people of her standing. I'm sure it's the same everywhere else but it's really sad to see it unfold so blatantly with the entire world watching.

The report basically said there was a lack of leadership at the top.

Clinton is vindicated.

Lol.

Navy ship captains get relieved of command immediately if their XO runs the ship aground, even if it's at 2 AM when the captain is sleeping. And the captain's career is over. Funny how even that kind of non-involvement isn't an excuse for a commander's culture of lax discipline, or even the honest mistake of a subordinate.

But the Democrats are probably right, Hillary Clinton shouldn't be held to that kind of standard. It wouldn't be fair.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty damning stuff.

I wonder if a 100% democratic committee would conclude the absolute opposite?
Actually, there's no need to wonder about that.

does anybody here remember 241 marines killed in Beirut? I note a report showing multiple reports of leadership but yet I hear no calls for the resignation or censuring of the saint Reagan. Come on guys fess up there was no wrongdoing just a chance to score political points.

does anybody here remember 241 marines killed in Beirut? I note a report showing multiple reports of leadership but yet I hear no calls for the resignation or censuring of the saint Reagan. Come on guys fess up there was no wrongdoing just a chance to score political points.

Hillary told her daughter the day of the attack that it was an Al-Qaeda like attack, not a protest gone wrong. Yet she publicly said the video was to blame.

No wrongdoing?

Hillary told her daughter the day of the attack that it was an Al-Qaeda like attack, not a protest gone wrong. Yet she publicly said the video was to blame.

No wrongdoing?

Seems stupid but what would she have to gain by saying it was the video? If she really knew it was a terror attack originally it would be extremely stupid to say otherwise as the truth would be obvious later. Hilary may be dishonest but I dont think shes an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No wrongdoing?
And your point is?

QzL2NR.jpg

The flames across the middle east were caused by our intervention in Iraq.

Seriously? That place caught fire looooooong before 2003.

We sure could've handled things better, or maybe not tried to handle them at all, but Saddam wasn't SOCMOB'ing his way to Quran study when we jumped him for like totally no reason.

It is simplistic to say that, the causes for the violence are multicultural, our involvement cannot be underestimated. By destroying EVERY institution in Iraq, and not seriously rebuilding we made Iran the de facto power in the gulf. That also assisted or some would say set up the religious war going on today between Sunni and Shia. Is it our fault only? Nope but we at the very least lit a match or 2.

Hillary voted to invade Iraq. She was a war mongerer, back in 2003, and to this day.

Hillary voted to invade Iraq. She was a war mongerer, back in 2003, and to this day.

Trump voiced support, nearly every lawmaker did/has. The propaganda machine rolls over nearly everyone. If you have a visceral hatred of Clinton fine, just stop trying to make it look principle. In this election it is just the best worst choice.

Trump voiced support, nearly every lawmaker did/has. The propaganda machine rolls over nearly everyone. If you have a visceral hatred of Clinton fine, just stop trying to make it look principle. In this election it is just the best worst choice.

Trump was against the Iraq War since before it started.

Hillary supported an unwanted invasion of another sovereign country. Not sure how you can just wave your hand and say "no big deal".

Hillary is a war mongerer. She said in 2008 that if she were president, she would invade Iran.

Wow.

You don't hear them now, but go back to the early 80s and you would have. Don't be such a schmuck.

Trump was never voted Senator of New York. And voting for the war was basically the only thing she did as senator. Ok, I think she also passed some legislation to name a bridge or something.

Hillary supported an unwanted invasion of another sovereign country. Not sure how you can just wave your hand and say "no big deal".

Hillary is a war mongerer. She said in 2008 that if she were president, she would invade Iran.

Wow.

no in an interview he stated he supported the invasion of Iraq. It was not enthusiastic but it was not in opposition in any way.

America’s primary goal with Iran must be to destroy its nuclear ambitions. Let me put them as plainly as I know how: Iran’s nuclear program must be stopped–by any and all means necessary. Period.
his statement on Iran. Not one indicating peace.

In a 2011 video, Trump said that "on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out very quickly, very surgically, very effectively, and save the lives."
seems he supported the invasion and intervention in a sovereign nation as well.

no in an interview he stated he supported the invasion of Iraq. It was not enthusiastic but it was not in opposition in any way.

America’s primary goal with Iran must be to destroy its nuclear ambitions. Let me put them as plainly as I know how: Iran’s nuclear program must be stopped–by any and all means necessary. Period.
his statement on Iran. Not one indicating peace.

In a 2011 video, Trump said that "on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out very quickly, very surgically, very effectively, and save the lives."
seems he supported the invasion and intervention in a sovereign nation as well.

You're lazy to not look it up:

You don't hear them now, but go back to the early 80s and you would have. Don't be such a schmuck.

The point I was making which clearly flew over your head was that lots of horrible things happen to every president or secretary of state, yet we do not call for their resignation every time. Now if you can show me a concerted effort a years long investigation into the beirut bombing focusing on one political figure, go to it. But you cannot because it did not happen. So schmuckmeister, the comparison is quite valid.

Nonsensical has nothing to with the thread presents no cogent argument
You at your best

Nonsensical?

Hillary said the US lost nobody in Libya.

Which is a flat-out lie.

4 people died in Benghazi. Yet, Hillary and her supporters, such as yourself, continue to whitewash the whole thing.

Wow.

I think it's fair to say that Trump is a warmonger too:

I'm not a big fan of Clinton - not by a long shot. However, I could tolerate 4 years of her accomplishing nothing in the White House more than I could tolerate 4 years of Trump's buffoonery.

Reactions: 1 user
Nonsensical?

Hillary said the US lost nobody in Libya.

Which is a flat-out lie.

4 people died in Benghazi. Yet, Hillary and her supporters, such as yourself, continue to whitewash the whole thing.

That is a quote taken out of context. She was referring to our involvement in NATO military action prior to the Benghazi attack.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-benghazi-msnbc/

Again, I'm not much of a Clinton fan. There are plenty of honest criticisms that can be leveled against her, you don't need to be making any more up.