Best anki deck for step 3? Best deck for Emergency med inservice exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedScat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just started intern year, trying to get step 3 out of the way ASAP. Please let me know what decks you guys used! Was step 2 Anking enough?

Any deck recommendations for the in service exam? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just started intern year, trying to get step 3 out of the way ASAP. Please let me know what decks you guys used! Was step 2 Anking enough?

Any deck recommendations for the in service exam? Thanks
Also don't know what Anki is. That said, why are you rushing to get step 3 done ASAP? If you need it to moonlight, that's fine, then take it at the end of PGY1 as you're not moonlighting before then anyway. Waiting till at least the end of PGY1 also has its advantages as 90+% of what is on step 3 you will learn/solidify during your intern year. I reviewed some biostats crap the week before the exam and that's literally the only preparation I did. EM training prepares you very well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also don't know what Anki is. That said, why are you rushing to get step 3 done ASAP? If you need it to moonlight, that's fine, then take it at the end of PGY1 as you're not moonlighting before then anyway. Waiting till at least the end of PGY1 also has its advantages as 90+% of what is on step 3 you will learn/solidify during your intern year. I reviewed some biostats crap the week before the exam and that's literally the only preparation I did. EM training prepares you very well.
I'm trying to get Step 3 done ASAP while I still have Step 2 knowledge in my head....I'm not trying to moonlight just trying to have kids lol

WTF is an Anki deck?

Just study .
Anki is a took that medical students have been using in recent years to study for step 1, step 2, and many other exams during medical school. It is by far the most popular way to study now. People make pre-made decks that everyone uses and it prepares you really well for these exams. I've used it for both exams and did pretty well so, I'm hoping to see if there's a deck for step 3. It's an app that helps you with spaced repetition so you remember the things you learn quite well

I'm trying to get Step 3 done ASAP while I still have Step 2 knowledge in my head....I'm not trying to moonlight just trying to have kids lol
Step 2 knowledge is about as helpful for step 3 as having step 1 knowledge is for taking step 2. They're different tests entirely.

If you need to take it in a certain timeframe to have kids, that's a separate issue, though I don't know why those 2 things are related.

To be clear, take step 3 whenever the hell you want. I'm not trying to say what you need to do, I'm just trying to let you know that step 3 should not be a source of any significant stress in your life.

Step 2 knowledge is about as helpful for step 3 as having step 1 knowledge is for taking step 2. They're different tests entirely.

If you need to take it in a certain timeframe to have kids, that's a separate issue, though I don't know why those 2 things are related.

To be clear, take step 3 whenever the hell you want. I'm not trying to say what you need to do, I'm just trying to let you know that step 3 should not be a source of any significant stress in your life.
No stress, just something I'm trying to get out of the way during and easier rotation which happens to fall in October.... I know the tests are very different which is why I am asking for a deck that is applicable for step 3...since the Step 2 deck likely will not be sufficient. But obviously if you don't know what anki is, you won't understand what that means.

No stress, just something I'm trying to get out of the way during and easier rotation which happens to fall in October.... I know the tests are very different which is why I am asking for a deck that is applicable for step 3...since the Step 2 deck likely will not be sufficient. But obviously if you don't know what anki is, you won't understand what that means.
... you literally said you wanted to take the test "while I still have Step 2 knowledge in my head", hence my comment. Regardless, you seem to have a plan.

Good luck with Step 3.

Anki is a took that medical students have been using in recent years to study for step 1, step 2, and many other exams during medical school. It is by far the most popular way to study now. People make pre-made decks that everyone uses and it prepares you really well for these exams. I've used it for both exams and did pretty well so, I'm hoping to see if there's a deck for step 3. It's an app that helps you with spaced repetition so you remember the things you learn quite well

Psst.

I've heard the term about (Reddit) and such and concluded that's what Anki was.

I just wanted to say the boomer thing for once.

:)

Good luck, amigo.

I wish there was an Anki deck for the ite. There are a couple of decks on reddit for EM. Below is one I looked at, but never dug my teeth into.

At the end of the day, I just used rosh, rosh, and more rosh. Not a perfect method, but it worked.

Reactions: 1 user