Best Book for Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please discuss the best book to use in prep for USMLE Step 2 CK (and during MS3)

Members don't see this ad.

I voted for MTB because I think it's the "best" book, but definitely shouldn't be the "only" book that you use. It's a very well-done prep resource, but it's not comprehensive... so you probably have to combine it with something else.

I voted for MTB because I think it's the "best" book, but definitely shouldn't be the "only" book that you use. It's a very well-done prep resource, but it's not comprehensive... so you probably have to combine it with something else.

Agreed. It's also a fairly easy and semi interactive read.

Kind of hard for me to pick the best book since I only used one (secrets). I was happy with it for the most part. I have no idea about the others though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in very initial prep. Michigator04, do you think Secrets as a single review book was adequate when supplemented with UWorld?

its more than enough if you use UW

I am in very initial prep. Michigator04, do you think Secrets as a single review book was adequate when supplemented with UWorld?

That's what I did. There were topics that I felt Secrets skipped over too quickly, so if that bothers you, add another source. I only had 3 weeks of dedicated study time and would not have had time to read another book. As it was I didn't even finish UW.