Best Dermpath websites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDMD243.0

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was using DermOID up until a few days ago when it got wonky (lots of broken images with IE, Chrome or firefox). Was wondering if there are any other/better websites available or if there is some user error going on

Members don't see this ad.

Was using DermOID up until a few days ago when it got wonky (lots of broken images with IE, Chrome or firefox). Was wondering if there are any other/better websites available or if there is some user error going on

Nothing beats actual microscope time (although that may be changing with the digital slides on the boards). You could try using the Galderma dermpath set while DermOID gets back on its feet, not the highest quality material of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
The best I've found is http://melanocytepathology.com.

asmallchild: what is this you're saying about the boards/microscopes?
For the boards, you are tested on derm path using actual scopes and slides so our derm path attendings would always stress actual microscope time over the digital slides residents often like to peruse. That being said, it looks like there is a push towards digital slides on the boards so being familiar with interpreting path slides using that medium is helpful too.

For the boards, you are tested on derm path using actual scopes and slides so our derm path attendings would always stress actual microscope time over the digital slides residents often like to peruse. That being said, it looks like there is a push towards digital slides on the boards so being familiar with interpreting path slides using that medium is helpful too.

I see. I was wondering whether you had any sense of when if ever this change would happen. I agree that it would be for the best. Sounds like it is just hypothetical for the time being.

I see. I was wondering whether you had any sense of when if ever this change would happen. I agree that it would be for the best. Sounds like it is just hypothetical for the time being.

It's already happening, the question is how long before it's all digital slides and I'm not sure anyone has the answer yet. For my boards, I already had digital slides introduced albeit just a handful as compared to the traditional glass slides.