best EKG text?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obiwan

Attending Physician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the best ekg book out there to read? i think dubin is a terrible book b/c it doesn't really tell you how to approach ekg reading in a practical manner and the fill in the blank template is not very helpful for me..

Members don't see this ad.

Dubin's has served me well....never really tried anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
image.aspx

Dubin sucks (not to mention I had heard that he's a convicted pedophile, loll).

I loved and learned off of Thaler "the only EKG book you'll ever need". I did use Dubin, but it's just not an effective teaching tool to REALLY make you get it imo. I've heard of the garcia books and briefly looked and that wasn't so bad.

What are some good websites for EKGs? I've google searched some already but just wondering if there are sites others really recommend.

Last edited:
My school recommended Dubin during our cardiology class and it was a good intro to EKGs.

i am French med student and i need to know about good ECG websites too; what i have in my bookmarks:
- ECG library
- Louisiana Univ library
- ECG primer on anesthesist.com
- ECG world encyclopedia
- ECG Wave-Maven
and some other French websites

ECG wave maven really is very good, a lot of easy, medium and very difficult examples to interpret.....Probably good for the kind of people who like to learn from doing uworld questions instead of cracking open an actual book.

ecglibrary.com

awesome.
just.
awesome.

I ended up using this for review, but not a primary textbook. The VA where I did inpatient internal medicine had a cardiologist who ran ECG rounds from 8-9am every single morning. We were pimped till our brains came out our ears. It was the most useful "class" I was ever a part of. Fantastic :) But this website does a good distilled version :) Lets you really just be able to recognize the patient's problem quickly. You don't have any real time to spend calculating axis when the patient may be in V-tach.

For those who can tolerate reading a text on a computer and don't want to pay for a book: Goldberger: Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach, 7th ed is on mdconsult and what I've perused looks very good (got good reviews on Amazon as well).

And since you may have to read pediatric ecgs when on rotation, I'll put a plug in for the electrocardiography and disorders of rhythm chapters from Park's Pediatric Cardiology For Practitioners (also on mdconsult) for a concise but thorough review (actually helps for general ecg review as well but is very light on ischemic changes for obvious reasons).