Best GRE study materials? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calaxer19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I'm just finishing up my studying for the MCAT, my gf is starting up studying for the GRE. I don't know anything about the GREs except that she'll be taking both the general and molecular bio tests.

I wanted to enroll her in the Kaplan course but she refuses so would getting her the course materials on eBay be the next best thing? If you have any advice on how to study and what to study from, please let me know!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I used the Barrons GRE book to prepare. I thought it was the best book in terms of telling you tricks to answer some math and analytical questions (but I don't think the GRE tests the analytical section anymore. Instead there is a writing sec). Also, get the kaplan GRE simulated CD.

I used the Princeton Review and Kaplan books you can purchase in any local book store. Kaplan's book came with a CD that has an excellent program. Your gf can take a diagnostic to find her weaknesses and then go from there. They have 4 or 5 complete full GRE CAT and a bunch of computer quizzes.

The princeton review is great in terms of explanations. I liked their math section the best.

GRE can really be studied for at home. It is basically reviewing over and over. That is at least for the general test. I have never taken a subject test, so I don't know about those.

it is best to start with the actual ETS material for both the general and subject tests.