best prep: Kaplan or Premier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asunta22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

I felt Premier Review was very high yield and I was told the opposite with Kaplan when I was Step III preparation shopping, thus I chose PR audio and notes and used USMLE world for my question bank.
Let me know if you're later interested in PR, I can definitely sell you mine; best offer, I have no need for it anymore.

I felt Premier Review was very high yield and I was told the opposite with Kaplan when I was Step III preparation shopping, thus I chose PR audio and notes and used USMLE world for my question bank.
Let me know if you're later interested in PR, I can definitely sell you mine; best offer, I have no need for it anymore.

LOL, hey Rev-no offense but every time I see your post it is always about selling your PR stuff :laugh: I though that was funny. But, on a real note I agree. PR notes and video are the best in my opinion. I say if you stick with PR notes and revise them with UW and Kaplan qbank stuff you will be more than good to go. UW CSS is more than enough for the CCS portion. Because, to do well on the CCS portion I think is all about knowing the general knowledge well. And it teaches a little to. I would study the CCS the last week before your exam. This is my second go at this thing. Hope I can do it this time around.
UW q-bank: 59%(1 x through on timed, unused only)
Kaplan qbank: 58%(did this one first-1x through, timed, unused only)
UW assessment: 440(202 for triple digit score)
PR notes (revised and read 3x slowly)
Kaplan step 2ck books(only reviewed IM & Peds)
UW CCS cases 2-3 times each.

My exam is next week and I fill a bit nervous but Fu** it! whatever happens I am going to give my best shot and thats all I can do. Leave the rest up to GOD. (sorry for ranting). Later! :luck::xf::whistle:

Kaplan Step 3 notes are very different now and Master the boards is a fantastic addition. Other source is Archer Video lectures which can be used with Kaplan material to rock the preperation. Archer lectures are well done in a way that the concepts imprint in the mind.
I looked at Premier notes, it is good but does not offer anything extra that the above sources do not cover. Premier audios are not appealing at all as nothing was really explained well.

Kaplan Step 3 notes are very different now and Master the boards is a fantastic addition. Other source is Archer Video lectures which can be used with Kaplan material to rock the preperation. Archer lectures are well done in a way that the concepts imprint in the mind.
I looked at Premier notes, it is good but does not offer anything extra that the above sources do not cover. Premier audios are not appealing at all as nothing was really explained well.

What is different about the Kaplan Step 3 notes? Thanks.