Technology Best software to modify PDF during class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabberwocky12

Pharmaceutical Wizard
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my genetics teacher provides all the notes for the class ahead of time using a .pdf for all her slides. She won't release the actual slide format because of some integrated quiz questions she doesn't want us to see ahead of time obviously.

So my question is this: What would be the best way to type notes in real time onto a .pdf during class?

I'm interested in 2 parts here but if you only know one or the other that is totally fine.

1) What is the best program to do this, period? Regardless if it costs any more or not since I have access to a lot of software at my school. SO far I was looking at the Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 but do you have a better solution for this?

2) What is the best free alternative just in case someone else needs the program and they don't have access to the program mentioned above?

Oh, and I'm interested in the software for PC mainly, but I'm also open to getting a linux alternative as well since Ubuntu is the backup OS on the laptop. But most of the class uses PC.

I really appreciate your help with this matter guys, thanks a ton. It'll help make the genetics class go a lot smoother for the semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If the PDF allows it you should be able to annotate it directly in Reader.

If the PDF allows it you should be able to annotate it directly in Reader.

Yeah I saw something like that on the reader. However, for example, with Acrobat pro 10 you can use typewriter and write directly on the file. I just found this and tried it with a good bit of success. Since it's going to be a lot of notes and will be printed out at some point, the annotation function isn't exactly the best.

I tried making an interactive form with the documents but they are protected from doing such things. -_-

Thanks for the feedback though!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can strip that protection off the document, you will just have to look around for that software.