best summer MCAT date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

ratman7

If a student was to study from late May onwards for the new MCAT, when is the ideal time to take the test over summer-> late Aug or in September? I would think August because thats when the semester hasn't really started yet. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If a student was to study from late May onwards for the new MCAT, when is the ideal time to take the test over summer-> late Aug or in September? I would think August because thats when the semester hasn't really started yet. Any thoughts?
The ideal date would be when you feel ready and prepared to take it once and be done with it for the rest of your life at which point you will get the score you set out to achieve.

I would think August because thats when the semester hasn't really started yet. Any thoughts?

This is what I chose and I am glad I did. Having a week of new classes + ECs starting again + reunion parties right before the test is not great. Having a period of monk-like solitude with my tomes immediately before the test was great.