Best Surgical Prosthodontic Programs or Implant 2-Year Internship Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistrydmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on which prosthodontic programs are surgically heavy or which are the best clinical programs for Implant Internships?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are lots of GPRs and AEGD programs that are surgery heavy.

You won't get referrals as a prosth for implant placements - that is Perio and OS. So do an AEGD at a VA.

Members don't see this ad :)
UIC and Harvard residents place a decent number of implants. Some VAs are also surgery-heavy (if you choose to do it). The reality is at most prosth residencies the faculty is not adequately trained to teach surgery.

What would you do in this case to learn how to place and restore your own implants if you wanted to learn to do that? This is what I would like to do in the future.

What would you do in this case to learn how to place and restore your own implants if you wanted to learn to do that? This is what I would like to do in the future.

There's a lot of options... GPR/AEGD, AAID Maxicourse, various implant continuum CEs, hands-on courses etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Is llu known to have a good implant internship program?

OP it sounds like you don't want to be a GP? Everyone is saying a VA AEGD but your are looking for something like specialty or something else to make you stand out. The best thing to do is AEGD with implant CE and try and find somewhere to work where you have the opportunities to place and restore.

I guess it seems like I may want to be more than simply a GP or focus as a GP on more advanced cases... Any good AEGD's with implant placement and larger restorative cases?