Bfs/als

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

endgie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently pre-med and not sure which specialty to elect, though I'm found of neurology and pediatrics. however this has nothing to do with my question.

For the past 32 days I have had non stop twitching in my feet and legs, they came out of nowhere, they began in my left leg predominately and have since situated mostly in my right foot - and it is nonstop while at rest, appears to be about 70 per minute. My friend, a neurologist at the local mnd/als clinic checked my reflexes and performed strength tests and stated that he wasn't sure what was going on he tried gabapentin but to no relief - I feel silly to continue to bother him, and wonder if any of you might have any idea what the culprit could be. I can walk on my toes and heels, and had normal babinski and tendon reflexes... the twitching is always when the muscle is at rest, when I am walking, I rarely feel a thing.

Thanks,
Endgie Marlki

Members don't see this ad.

We cannot respond to solicitations for medical advice on Student Doctor Network. It is a violation of the Terms of Service to post requests for medical assistance or advice. Please seek the help of a physician for any and all medical concerns. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.