Big list of CCS cases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackboxmd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I found this list of free CCS cases while searching and thought it might help others.

http://www.wikimd.org/index.php?title=Step3CCS

There is a second page there as part 2 which also has more cases.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey

These cases are great and to the point. Out of curiosity, where are these cases from? Are these from the real exam, USMLEworld, or elsewhere?

Thanks A Lot Again

:)))

Hey

These cases are great and to the point. Out of curiosity, where are these cases from? Are these from the real exam, USMLEworld, or elsewhere?

Thanks A Lot Again

:)))

These look like the "printable" cases from USMLEWorld. USMLEWorld has about 80 cases total under their CCS section. You can make your own (a good strategy).

On my actual exam: Meningitis, Appendicitis, Fluid-overload, CHF, Alzheimer's Disease, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding in a 14-year old, Acute MI, Rectal Bleeding in a young man and Osteoarthritis in an 80-year-old.

The software practice disk is the single most useful preparation for Step III. If you are totally familiar with how the software works and the critiques of the cases that are included with this disk, you have done most of the work for the CCS section of this exam.

My exam had blocks that included emergency department, hospital ward and primary care office. The questions were quite straight-forward and the scenario's were much shorter than those that I encountered on USMLE Step II CK.

On the actual exam, many of the CCS cases will end quite early if you are efficient with your diagnosis and management. Don't forget the preventive things like smoking cessation, safe sex counseling for teens etc. Also, don't get derailed if you get the "This case will end in 5 minutes" warning. In those 5-minutes, you have plenty of time to wrap up and settle the case.

naw its not UW cases, but they are not that bad from this site, moderately hy, worth a five minute read or so, certainly not good as a primary source though.