BIO 20 / OC 22 / GC 30 (TS Calculation?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d9m7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I took my DAT yesterday and scored BIO 20 / OC 22 / GC 30 / TS 22. I know the TS score isn't just the average of BIO/GC/OC, but does my TS seem a little low? Or is it because you can miss more questions on BIO to get a higher score and since that was my lowest score it is affecting the overall TS more?

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Correct, Total science is calculated based on the number of questions you get right out of 100 (40 bio + 30 gc + 30 oc) and not an average. So yes, you’re probably right in assuming you missed the most questions in bio and that is bringing down your Total science score. It doesn’t seem low.

I know someone who got a 30 bio, 22 GC, 29 OC and 26 TS. I know someone else with a 25 bio, 29 GC, and 30 OC who also got a 26 TS. Both likely missed the same number of questions, but you can see the effect it had on the different section scores. Missing, say 5 questions in GC pushes you lower than 5 questions in bio. So a Low bio score means you missed more in that section and is therefore bringing your overall TS down

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Correct, Total science is calculated based on the number of questions you get right out of 100 (40 bio + 30 gc + 30 oc) and not an average. So yes, you’re probably right in assuming you missed the most questions in bio and that is bringing down your Total science score. It doesn’t seem low.

I know someone who got a 30 bio, 22 GC, 29 OC and 26 TS. I know someone else with a 25 bio, 29 GC, and 30 OC who also got a 26 TS. Both likely missed the same number of questions, but you can see the affect it had on the different section scores. Missing, say 5 questions in GC pushes you lower than 5 questions in bio. So a Low bio score means you missed more in that section and is therefore bringing your overall TS down
Thank you!!