Bio-Chem problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chelsea FC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been flash carding for a while but I feel like I am studying things not necessary for the exam. Like the intricacies between a dyneins and kinesins which are sort of driving me crazy . What do you guys suggest good practice material for Bio-chem without touching the question packs. Was doing TBR but it seems kinda too detail oriented..

Members don't see this ad.

TBR is probably the best practice material outside of the section banks. While their material is quite detailed, remember to focus on the big pictures (how different enzymes affect certain pathways, why one class of inhibitors are more useful than another, etc.)

TBR is probably the best practice material outside of the section banks. While their material is quite detailed, remember to focus on the big pictures (how different enzymes affect certain pathways, why one class of inhibitors are more useful than another, etc.)
Got you! thanks man lol you been like my personal MCAT guide lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Haha no worries. I know how brutal it was studying for the exam so anything to reduce the stress for others makes me feel better!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have over 5000 flash cards in total without orgo included 953 cards for bio-chem. I can recite those cards but when I sink my teeth into practice problems I get creamed
Practice problems will solve that. Lots and lots of practice problems from different MCATS (from as many sources as you can find).

There are only so many ways the test-makers can ask a question, and they start reusing the same formulas. You need to be able to identify the question-type upon presentation for your best chance at crushing the exam.

The MCAT isn't like board-prep, or even taking a normal classroom exam- you have to study for the test, not as much content. Ya dig?

Thank you for your feedback. For a few less details, organic chemistry book II (which is really more of a biochemistry book than organic chemistry) is very helpful. Those passages cover a wide range of applications and if you have access to them, can be extremely helpful.