Bio help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buzzin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to expand my biology knowledge which needs a lot of work. Without getting too specific, can some of you recommend some general topics that help understand the whole picture ? Examples like DNA replication, viruses/bacteria and immune response, function of kidney, action potential, reproduction (especially female part)... I consider all of these very important topics, any other recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Umm I'm not sure what you're getting at but I mean you have evolution, cardiovacular system, muscular system, skeletal system, microbiology, respiratory system, skin, eukaryotes and prokaryotes.....
Just pick up a prep book and do the chapters, topics are broad and full of important details that you must know in order to understand the "big picture".

The AAMC publishes a fairly exhaustive list of content that is considered fair game for the exam. Similar curricula for the other sections can be found here. Happy studying.
This actually has nothing to do with the MCAT, like I said in the post, I'm trying to improve and expand my knowledge base in human biology, not just study for a test or read a textbook.