Bio, Physics, and Biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's Up Doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my plan used to be to take bio and physics junior year (right after transferring out of my CC) after having completed gen chem, ochem, calc, english, etc. but I just learned that they're adding biochem to the new MCAT, so that kind of throws a wrench in my schedule. 2 Part question:

1) Would it be unreasonable to take bio, physics, and biochem all junior year, keeping in mind that I'm transferring from a CC to a (most likely) much more rigorous university? This option also leaves me worrying that I won't have room to fulfill my major requirements, although since I'm taking a gap year, I could always take a little longer than 4 years to graduate (but that's obviously not ideal).

2) Is it possible (or wise) to take a full year of one of those 3 classes during the summer before junior year so that my schedule would be lighter junior year? I feel like I've heard of people completing a full year prereq in a couple months during the summer, I'm just not sure how many schools offer that option.

If you've been in a similar situation, what did you choose and what was your experience?

Members don't see this ad.