Bio question from ADA Sample test online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What is the answer for this question?

Organisms that have the characteristics
of radial symmetry, water vascular
system, a spiny skin, and are found
exclusively in a marine habitat would be
in which phylum?

A. Annelida
B. Chordata
C. Cnidaria
D. Porifera
E. Echinodermata

I chose C but the answer is E. I thought Echinodermatas have bilateral symmetry because its in campbell. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

in which phylum?

A. Annelida
B. Chordata
C. Cnidaria
D. Porifera
E. Echinodermata

I chose C but the answer is E. I thought Echinodermatas have bilateral symmetry because its in campbell. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Sure about this? I thought echinoderms were like... starfish (radial symm)

Sure about this? I thought echinoderms were like... starfish (radial symm)

If you have Campbell 3rd, go to page 696 (nice number huh :) ). Its the page that summarizes all the Phylum. Maybe I read it wrong when I studied for it.

Echinodermata description

"Coelomates with bilaterally symmetrical larvae and five-part body organization as adults, unique water vascular system, endoskeleton"

Hi everyone,

in which phylum?

A. Annelida
B. Chordata
C. Cnidaria
D. Porifera
E. Echinodermata

Yup, Echinodermata.
They're cool because they're bilateral as little babies (larvae) and radial as adults. Just think starfish. Also good random fact that I've seen pop up every once in a while...Echinodermata are most closely related to Chordata.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, Echinodermata.
They're cool because they're bilateral as little babies (larvae) and radial as adults. Just think starfish. Also good random fact that I've seen pop up every once in a while...Echinodermata are most closely related to Chordata.

Oohhh larvae, larvae ... this is where I fail hahaha.

"Echinodermata are most closely related to Chordata". I just had a question about this lol

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
If you have Campbell 3rd, go to page 696 (nice number huh :) ). Its the page that summarizes all the Phylum. Maybe I read it wrong when I studied for it.

Echinodermata description

"Coelomates with bilaterally symmetrical larvae and five-part body organization as adults, unique water vascular system, endoskeleton"

lolz.... showcases how much I know about classification.