Biochemistry courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what biochemistry would count as? Some say it belongs under the chemistry section, while others say it would be counted as a biology course.

The one I am lookng at is a 4th year course : Topics in Plant and Microbial Biotechnology offered under the Biochemistry, Biology, and Biotechnology departments as well. As expected there is chemistry and biology here.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know what biochemistry would count as? Some say it belongs under the chemistry section, while others say it would be counted as a biology course.

The one I am lookng at is a 4th year course : Topics in Plant and Microbial Biotechnology offered under the Biochemistry, Biology, and Biotechnology departments as well. As expected there is chemistry and biology here.

Any ideas?

I think it depends on how your school classifies the course. My Biochem course in undergrad in 1993 was considered a chemistry course, so I listed it as a chemistry class on AADSAS. Then, I had biochem again in 1996 in dental school the first time. It was classified as biology. I listed this biochem class as biology. In the end, AADSAS left them classified as I listed them.

Last edited:
I counted it as chemistry because it was listed under the chemistry department. Depends on the school though, there was also a biology department biochemistry at my school