Bluetooth stethoscope to hearing aids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boatswain2PA

Physician Assistant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a bluetooth stethoscope that will go directly to BT capable HAs? Eko has their BT "Core" device that goes between the bell and the tubing of a traditional stethoscope, but it looks like that has to be recorded on a phone, which can THEN be listened to via BT through hearing aides.

With the creation of BT capable hearing aids I'm sure SOMEONE has created a stethoscope that goes straight to the HAs, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can send my way.

If such a thing doesn't exist yet, here's a chance for a smart audiologist to get really rich.

Members don't see this ad.

EKO can transmit sound in real life

Has anyone found a bluetooth stethoscope that will go directly to BT capable HAs? Eko has their BT "Core" device that goes between the bell and the tubing of a traditional stethoscope, but it looks like that has to be recorded on a phone, which can THEN be listened to via BT through hearing aides.

With the creation of BT capable hearing aids I'm sure SOMEONE has created a stethoscope that goes straight to the HAs, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can send my way.

If such a thing doesn't exist yet, here's a chance for a smart audiologist to get really rich.

The issue is most hearing aids that are direct streaming to iPhones or Android phones are using low energy bluetooth signals such as say 2.4 GHz frequency and are not typical bluetooth signals. Most stethoscopes are using typical higher energy bluetooth radios which would require a regular high energy bluetooth connection through some intermediary device that has a lithium battery of decent size such as a phone clip/neck clip, etc..

The issue is most hearing aids that are direct streaming to iPhones or Android phones are using low energy bluetooth signals such as say 2.4 GHz frequency and are not typical bluetooth signals. Most stethoscopes are using typical higher energy bluetooth radios which would require a regular high energy bluetooth connection through some intermediary device that has a lithium battery of decent size such as a phone clip/neck clip, etc..
Would that prevent someone from developing a BT stethoscope that used the same low energy signal?