Board passing rates Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Want bored rates for each school published?

• No, I don't care about passing rates.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, schools should publish independently on their respective websites.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, a complete list should be published via ASCO.

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

jymezg

SCO c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on here about board passing rates for each school. Unfortunately the data is scattered and has problems:

-Info is posted by students calling schools or grabbing off websites, could be inaccurate
-All schools not represented
-Impossible to tell if percentages are from first attempts, retakes, or overall
-Part I, II, III should be included
-Rates from should be published from previous years to document trends

Vote on whether or not you feel ASCO should publish Board passing rates for each school in a handy PDF on opted.org.

(Maybe if I include a link to this poll the next time I email them asking I might get a response...)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
durn thread got me on a rant.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, was there a reason why you wrote "bored" rates (on the poll)?

Yea, I was bored out of my mind, at least someone caught my satirical humor. In retrospect I should change that seeing as how it will be perceived as ignorance to anyone not reading this post :laugh:

Update: you can't edit polls. aww shucks

Last edited:
The schools will never post it unless they have to (or have amazing scores). They risk fewer applicants if the truth comes out.

Good point from the schools perspective.

However, don't the students, who will be paying upwards of 100K in tuition, deserve to know the ability of the institution of which they are applying to prepare them for their boards?

If schools have a low board pass rate/below national average, I think they DESERVE to have fewer applicants. Like it has been pointed out on this forum many times before, opt schools are a business and if you can't deliver a quality product (education) you risk losing applicants.

Good point from the schools perspective.

However, don't the students, who will be paying upwards of 100K in tuition, deserve to know the ability of the institution of which they are applying to prepare them for their boards?

If schools have a low board pass rate/below national average, I think they DESERVE to have fewer applicants. Like it has been pointed out on this forum many times before, opt schools are a business and if you can't deliver a quality product (education) you risk losing applicants.

Hahah, exactly. Are people expected to feel sorry for the schools with lower scores? :rolleyes: