Board review items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balderdash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the BoardVitals qbank or the Dermatology Board review course run by Friedman at Albert Einstein? Did you find them worth your time/money? Any feedback would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Board vitals = useless

It's important that you take my word for it. I scored in the 99th percentile all three years of the ITE and when I passed my boards I received a second email from ABD telling me that not only did I pass but that I got an A+. Then they sent me a smiley face emoticon via text. It was a special day in the Asses household. But the icing on the cake was recognition by the AAD, when they awarded me unlimited free access to resident jeopardy at the annual meeting where I am encouraged to denigrate stupid residents for their pitiful comments like "the defective gene in chilblains lupus is trex1" when any idiot knows it's the siRNA encoding a spliceosome inhibitor that would normally allow for willy nilly splicing of all sorts of ridiculous exons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So far I am really enjoying the boards vital question bank. The questions are much harder than the other dermatology question banks out there and the explanations are very thorough! I think it is a great asset for Board review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sore eye asses - how did you study for boards?

I reviewed the notes I took throughout residency, mostly taken from Bolognia (I agree with you that Bolognia is superior to Andrews, but I like all the pretty colors and charts and crap). I looked at tons of kodachromes that my program had. I did the obligatory galderma questions, not so much for their quality but mostly to prompt me to look other things up (e.g. a poorly worded question on cosmetics would prompt me to look up side effects of the various sclerosants). I reviewed genoderms in spitz. There were no exotic genoderms on my boards. I like requisites for path.