Bootcamp Angle Ranking Generator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkhan27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How representative is the angle ranking generator compared to the real DAT angles section. I just did it and got 40/50. However, before I was getting like 30-35/50. Did it get easier lately or is it just me or is this for real. Maybe I should wear my eyeglasses more often when I do PAT haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently took Dat , the angle ranking was very similar to CDP . so if you are doing good at bootcamp , you gonna be fine

I feel like it was representative. I felt like it helped me do all of the ones on the actual test in 30 seconds. Now, if only I can get the hole punch down in 30 seconds

Is it just me or and I cant even get a thought out in 30 seconds with the generator. I am barely able to eliminate a row and the time is up, did everyone else feel the same at first, because I really want to stop the time first and then practice and then have it timed. I cant do a single one in 30 seconds, I feel like guessing with the generator?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or and I cant even get a thought out in 30 seconds with the generator. I am barely able to eliminate a row and the time is up, did everyone else feel the same at first, because I really want to stop the time first and then practice and then have it timed. I cant do a single one in 30 seconds, I feel like guessing with the generator?

Use the answer choices to guide you. Don't just look at the angles without looking at the answer choices. At first it may be hard, but with practice you'll get fast at it. Don't spend more than 5 minutes on this section on the test. If you are choosing between 2 choices, then go with your gut. Its not useful to spend a lot of your time deciding between 2 choices on angle ranking because you can use that time to finish up and work on other problems of the PAT that will bump your score up more easily. Angle ranking can be one of the harder sections of PAT, but if you can do well on the rest then you will be in good shape to get 20+.

Use the answer choices to guide you. Don't just look at the angles without looking at the answer choices. At first it may be hard, but with practice you'll get fast at it. Don't spend more than 5 minutes on this section on the test. If you are choosing between 2 choices, then go with your gut. Its not useful to spend a lot of your time deciding between 2 choices on angle ranking because you can use that time to finish up and work on other problems of the PAT that will bump your score up more easily. Angle ranking can be one of the harder sections of PAT, but if you can do well on the rest then you will be in good shape to get 20+.

I did what you said I have been getting 20+ on PAT on BC now lol full lengths test thanks man! I spend the shortest amount of time on Angles dont think twice I keep moving regardless. My second question for you is on the exam on the PAT section can I skip and do sections that I find tougher first and do the easier ones last like on the BC. BC I can just skip to sections like Keyholes to Pattern Folding to Cubes. Or on the real exam will I have to do the order that they give me only?

I did what you said I have been getting 20+ on PAT on BC now lol full lengths test thanks man! I spend the shortest amount of time on Angles dont think twice I keep moving regardless. My second question for you is on the exam on the PAT section can I skip and do sections that I find tougher first and do the easier ones last like on the BC. BC I can just skip to sections like Keyholes to Pattern Folding to Cubes. Or on the real exam will I have to do the order that they give me only?

I haven't taken the real DAT yet but will in like a week. Last time I took it, I believe you can skip any question on the PAT and then come back to it. Just make sure you mark it. HOWEVER, say if you want to skip a section like keyholes and TFE and go straight to angles, then you have to click the next button 30 times to go to angles. The DAT system is not like Bootcamps where you can just click on the overview numbers to go directly to that question. I think that sucks. Honestly, I don't know why the DAT computers don't update that stuff....its like so Windows 95 lol. If you are skipping sections on bootcamp PAT, try to click the next button to go to the next section rather than jumping straight to that question because you won't have that luxury on the DAT.

If you want to get a feel for representative angles, I suggest maybe the 2007 ADA exam itself. I'm not sure if it's just me, but with bootcamp, there are two pixels missing on the "V's" they spit out at you. This is not the case on the real thing. If you don't believe me, look about a cm away from the vertex of the angle. I think I maybe missed one angle on the actual, but I could get 45+ right out of BC angle gen. Its probably more representative than Topscore or achiever. CDP is your best practice imo, though, I would get 13 or 15 on their practice exams and average like 60% on the practice generator they had. Yeah @mkhan27 is right, I think the overview locks up once you beat question 90. I don't quite remember, though.

Reactions: 1 user