Boston Children's Reputation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenji_2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know some similar things have been posted about Boston Children's in the past, but I was hoping some people could comment on the atmosphere at Boston Children's and BCRP as a whole. I really enjoyed my interview day, but there are rumors floating around about a "malignant" atmosphere there and the q4 call seems brutal.

I'd love any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I completely agree, and I'm a BCRP resident. We certainly take what we do seriously, but I don't think the program is malignant at all (and I heard some of the same things before I came here). Our call schedule, particularly during PGY-2, does have a lot of q4, but most of us actually prefer that to a day/night schedule and it's not too bad.

If you enjoyed your interview with the BCRP, could see yourself here, and have ties to the Boston area, I wouldn't let rumors of a malignant atmosphere overshadow any of those.

Best of luck in the Match process, wherever you decide!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey this may be derailing, but ser87, do you know of, or have heard of any osteopathic physicians matching into BCRP?

Hey this may be derailing, but ser87, do you know of, or have heard of any osteopathic physicians matching into BCRP?

We don't have any DO's in our program now, and I can't think of any since I've been here. That said, I've never been part of our selection process, so I'm not sure if/how it plays into things.