Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I was just shocked that they're still interviewing...

Members don't see this ad.

It's been 5 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard any news from the school. Is this a bad sign? I know some people who interviewed around the same time are waitlisted. How long will I hear back? Also, can someone comment on the waitlist movement?
I interviewed first week of feb still haven’t heard back, is it a good thing to not have gotten a waitlist email?? Have no idea

Are they still sending invites? I haven’t received a rejection from them yet.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still sending invites? I haven’t received a rejection from them yet.....

I'm in the same boat. I sent a letter of interest at the beginning of February and haven't heard a word since. I'm going to try and call them sometime this week regarding the status of my application and ask if invites are still being sent out!

I'm in the same boat. I sent a letter of interest at the beginning of February and haven't heard a word since. I'm going to try and call them sometime this week regarding the status of my application and ask if invites are still being sent out!
Plz let us know what they say! I am in the same boat

Does anyone know how many seats are filled as of now? what is the class size right now? Please message me privately on sdn if there's anyone who declined BU admissions offers because I need it that bad! I am currently waitlisted at BU.

Does anyone know how many seats are filled as of now? what is the class size right now? Please message me privately on sdn if there's anyone who declined BU admissions offers because I need it that bad! I am currently waitlisted at BU.

As of now, there are 73 people in FB group with some current students and a student affairs rep. I was told this group can be joined only when you pay the deposit, so I would say appx 70 people are filled out of 110?

As of now, there are 73 people in FB group with some current students and a student affairs rep. I was told this group can be joined only when you pay the deposit, so I would say appx 70 people are filled out of 110?
I think the class size is 117 isn’t it?

I think the class size is 117 isn’t it?
Can anyone update me through a private message here on sdn whether yall wanna decline BU admissions offer???

Last edited:
Can anyone update me through a private message here on sdn whether yall wanna decline BU admissions offer because I want that offer of admissions???
I’m waiting to here back too :/

Nope haven’t heard back since interview,not sure if it’s a good thing or not that u haven’t gotten a waitlist email.
i am on the waitlist at BU as of now since Jan 30th

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone update me through a private message here on sdn whether yall wanna decline BU admissions offer because I want that offer of admissions???
Someone declining can’t give you their spot...it’s up to the admissions committee who they choose off the waitlist!

Btw was there offers made today as of March 8, 2021?

Does anyone know how many ppl are placed on the waitlist approx per cycle at BU? What is the waitlist movement at BU like from now until orientation day? Like approx how many will remain on waitlist now and how many will remain before orientation day?

Interviewed early February but still have yet to hear back with any update. Has anyone in the same boat called the admissions office about this?

Interviewed early February but still have yet to hear back with any update. Has anyone in the same boat called the admissions office about this?
Me! Interviewed early feb still haven't heard back, called and they said my app is still under review

For those that received an email awhile back asking if they were still interested in being interviewed did any of you guys get an invite ?

was placed on the alternative list today

Has anyone from the waitlist been offered an acceptance yet/ has BU sent out rejections yet?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many ppl are waitlisted at BU per cycle? Exactly approx metrics??? What does the waitlist movement look like during March and April at BU?

Any new updates regarding anyone who withdrew BU acceptance offers? If so please PM me ASAP.

Is hope for an interview completely gone?

anyone else who hasn't heard anything at all from BU yet? I'm so confused bc they have sent out rejections and waitlists already.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else who hasn't heard anything at all from BU yet? I'm so confused bc they have sent out rejections and waitlists already.
yea, but I'm expecting a rejection soon

Reactions: 1 user
Did any one get accepted off the wait list recently? Did how many ppl recently declined a BU offer of acceptance??? If done both of the following please DM me or inbox me????.

Last edited:
Just got in with scholarship. Very surprised and excited. Interviewed almost two months ago

Reactions: 6 users
When are they going to start accept applicants off wait list??

Reactions: 1 user