Boston University School of Medicine class of 2016!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SemiPresh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to all those with acceptances to BUSM! I am stoked about starting up here in the fall :claps:

Cheers!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Also accepted this last week! Will most likely end up at BU this fall. I look forward to meeting all of you, congrats to those that were accepted!

Hey! I've also been accepted here. Currently leaning towards BU with acceptances from St Louis Uni and Med College of Wisconsin too. Super excited to be Class of 2016 anywhere though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent! I received an acceptance to MCW as well, but I absolutely fell in love with Boston when I visited!

Also...the guaranteed student housing for first years at a discounted rate is a HUGE bonus to going there :)

I am so excited for fall to start!

Do you guys realize we are the 1%? :D

Out of 10k+ people applying this year, we are among the first batch of ~100 acceptances.

Were any of you surprised by the acceptance? I just bring it up because it really caught me off guard since I didn't think I interviewed amazingly or anything and that most people are deferred.

Are you all planning on living in the new student residence?

Definitely. The new residence is $850 per month with all utilities and internet included. That is extremely low for living in the South End in Boston. The cheapest I've been able to find anywhere else is around $1000 per person for a 2 bedroom.

I already sent my deposit in.

Were any of you surprised by the acceptance? I just bring it up because it really caught me off guard since I didn't think I interviewed amazingly or anything and that most people are deferred.

I was definitely surprised by the acceptance...I remember leaving the campus super bummed after interview day because I felt like my interview was nothing special....HUGE SHOCKER! haha...

And yes, I also already sent in my deposit for 815 Albany :)

Question: Is anyone bringing their car? I'm not for at least the first year....maybe 2nd year (depending on where I live)...

Ya, I love driving my car but looks like it won't be coming with me for at least the first year : /

Though from what I've heard of driving in Boston, I may never be brave enough to try it haha.

I will most likely be matriculating here as well :) SO excited to meet all of you guys! Do you know how big the rooms are? I don't think I've seen that information on the new residence...

Thank you so much for this information, I'm truly impressed with your research skills. I spent so much time looking and still didnt find it :) Hmm I wonder if the 1 bedroom converted unit is going to be double the price of typical 2 bedroom unit.... Probably is, it would only make sense for them money-wise.

I dug up this image on one of the many webpages about the residence. It give the dimensions for the rooms.
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/supportingbusm/files/2012/01/Typical-Unit-Plans.jpg

So I tried making a group but apparently I need to have more than myself in the group and I'm not friends with anyone else who's going to be going to BU next year : /

Does anyone know when the second look is? I thought I had it somewhere in an email but I can't find it now. I think it's sometime at the end of April.

Does anyone know when the second look is? I thought I had it somewhere in an email but I can't find it now. I think it's sometime at the end of April.

Not sure where I saw it but April 28th comes to mind.

Congrats to all! Love the school.

Graduating in May and selling stuff. $1000 mattress/box spring for $200. pm me if interested.

Hi Friends,

I am a third year medical student at BUSM and I am looking for a roommate for my current roommates for next year with a lease beginning on October 1, 2012. The rent will be around $1125. They are a pair of great 3rd yr med student guys. The apartment is fully furnished including a washer/dryer and I am looking to sell my room furniture as well (bedframe, mattress, boxspring, nightstand, dresser, and desk). The apartment is conveniently located 4ish blks or a 7min walk from school; the cross streets are Washington and Worcester. Please shoot me an email if you are interested in the apartment or the furniture and I would be happy to provide you more details and pictures as well!

Best,
Samantha
[email protected]