Boston University Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1163306

The Prompt is:

• **Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be of particular interest to us.**
    For example, have you lived in another country or experienced a culture unlike your own, or worked in a field that contributed to your understanding of people unlike yourself? Or, have you experienced advanced training in any area, including the fields of art, music, or sports? This is an opportunity to describe learning experiences that may not be covered in other areas of this application or your AMCAS application. It is not necessary to write anything in this section. Also use this section to explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational/ research/volunteering or employment plans.
Not sure what i can write about

When it asks about sports I play division 2 club hockey but it's not NCAA so probably not advanced enough. I referee ice hockey at pretty high levels but both of these were detailed in my amcas. I also play the clarinet but again, I put that in amcas. I already talked about my working at hospitals and volunteering that "Contributed to my understanding of people unlike myself" and what I learned from that in a different secondary prompt.

I really like this school's mission and it's probably my second overall school if I don't get into my local one so I really do not want to leave anything blank even though this is an optional prompt.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it asks about sports I play division 2 club hockey but it's not NCAA so probably not advanced enough. I referee ice hockey at pretty high levels but both of these were detailed in my amcas. I also play the clarinet but again, I put that in amcas. I already talked about my working at hospitals and volunteering that "Contributed to my understanding of people unlike myself" and what I learned from that in a different secondary prompt

I really like this school's mission and it's probably my second overall school if I don't get into my local one so I really do not want to leave anything blank even though this is an optional prompt.
Are you sure this will be a secondary question for this cycle? I do not believe they have been released yet. If they do reuse this question, you may not want to leave it blank, but forcing the issue isn’t going to help. Talking about your bedtime reading is not what they are aiming for.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you review all your secondaries before you began writing your AMCAS? I strongly urged this strategy.

No guarantee that the prompt WILL change, so it is good to anticipate these prompts or think about whether you can write a response.

Read the prompt very carefully and consider what the adcom members are interested in (that's in the prompt). Use the Other Impactful Experience prompt as a guide, especially focusing on the experiences they seek in the prompt.