Botox supplier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emd123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With Medicare's new code for neck Botox, I'll barely break even per injection (no surprise there).

Who do you buy your Botox from, for migraine and/or torticollis treatments and what's the price?

(I thought there was a thread on this, but the new app's search won't find it)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Our local pharmacy quoted us something like $350 for 50U, $650 for 100U, $1230 for 200U.

Doesn't sound like a great deal. I'm offering Botox to pain patients for $10/U. I had one taker last week.

Our local pharmacy quoted us something like $350 for 50U, $650 for 100U, $1230 for 200U.

Doesn't sound like a great deal. I'm offering Botox to pain patients for $10/U. I had one taker last week.

That's about what I've been quoted and for torticollis in a Medicare patient it's a net profit of only $40 not including supplies used. I'd love to charge $10/unit too, but isn't it illegal to balance bill or charge cash to Medicare patients?

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought from a company called Medical Device King --MDK-- a few times to treat post-CVA spasticity. The FDA man showed up at my door a little while after. He was polite stating that he wasn't going to indict me this time under the presumption I don't continue to buy from places that may be reselling stolen or knock-off product. I told him I would have no idea if a place sells the real thing or not. He stared at me. I guess I'm to think if its cheaper than what Allergan sells it for, its illegitimate. I figure the CEO of Allergan was bitching to somebody about being undercut. I also figure I'm not bothering with it anymore and someone else can.

That's about what I've been quoted and for torticollis in a Medicare patient it's a net profit of only $40 not including supplies used. I'd love to charge $10/unit too, but isn't it illegal to balance bill or charge cash to Medicare patients?

The patient I sold the Botox to had private insurance. Medicare pays Botox for chemodenervation and that's pretty limited in scope, but what if you're not doing a covered block? What's to stop you from charging for Botox under that circumstance?