BR Bio question - lactate pyruvate q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbs21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This comes from Bio chap. 8, passage 14 (I have the red paper covers).

Which of these statements would describe the metabolic fate of lactate under anaerobic conditions?

Lactate is converted to pyruvate
lactate is converted to alanine
lactate is converted to lactose

The answer in the back doesn't make sense at all. I think there is a mistake in the question?

Members don't see this ad.

This comes from Bio chap. 8, passage 14 (I have the red paper covers).

Which of these statements would describe the metabolic fate of lactate under anaerobic conditions?

Lactate is converted to pyruvate
lactate is converted to alanine
lactate is converted to lactose

The answer in the back doesn't make sense at all. I think there is a mistake in the question?

lactate should go to the liver and get converted to pyruvate and then go through gluconeogenesis to generate more glucose for glycolysis

so the answer says

pyruvate is converted to lactate, not the reverse, during anaerobic conditions,. lactate is not converted to alanine, but pyruvate is... lactate is a 3-carbon compound and lactose is a 6-c sugar, they are unrelated. So I II and III are all incorrect.

so pi bond, that's exactly what i thought too... and it even says that in the passage.. so i'm not sure what's going on.

so the answer says

pyruvate is converted to lactate, not the reverse, during anaerobic conditions,. lactate is not converted to alanine, but pyruvate is... lactate is a 3-carbon compound and lactose is a 6-c sugar, they are unrelated. So I II and III are all incorrect.

so pi bond, that's exactly what i thought too... and it even says that in the passage.. so i'm not sure what's going on.

is it a muscle passage?