Brain issues after surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeperfect

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My grandmother is 82 years old. She broke her leg one month ago and had a leg surgery. She had narcosis, injected in her back during the surgery. I have few questions:

• After surgery, maybe next night, nurses noticed her walking near her bed(maybe 24hours after knee surgery), nurses think that she didn't know what she is doing, something like unconscious. Now, she is at home, but my parents are afraid, that when she is alone at house, she can start to walk again(and maybe broke her knee again), so I want to ask, whether it is possible? Will she feel pain while trying to walk? (She drinks antidepressants and anaestethic).

• As I said before, my parents are afraid that she can start walking while her leg is broken, because after surgery she became more "stupid": she doesn't recognize things(for example looking for a mobile phone near her bed, and can't see it even if it is there), sometimes she "forgets" why she can't walk and wants to go somewhere. I should mention that she had few micro-strokes in her brain 4 years ago maybe, and after that knee surgery she had another one(she couldn't even talk for a while). I want to ask, will she get better later, or it is permament effect of all those narcosis and micro-strokes, she is also 82 years old now.

Thank you for your answers, I hope I created this thread in the right place.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.